• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

The Advanced Air Mobility (AAM) Summit Explores How the Future of the Airspace Will Be Defined

While topics related to Unmanned Aircraft Systems Traffic Management (UTM) systems and U-space have been a major part of both Commercial UAV Expo Americas and Commercial UAV Expo Europe, a new connection for these events to Amsterdam Drone Week has enabled such discussions to be highlighted in a whole new manner. The Advanced Air Mobility Summit that was part of the conference program for the Commercial UAV Expo Americas event highlighted the benefits that these connections can enable in the short and long term.
Moderated by Arjun Garg, former Chief Counsel and Acting Deputy Administrator of the FAA and a current partner at Hogan Lovells, the session opened with a message from Jay Merkle, Executive Director of UAS Integration at the FAA. He talked about the agency’s commitment to maintaining the safety of the airspace no matter the type or size of aircraft that enters it and specifically mentioned that AAM and drones are not the same. He also talked about how the FAA is focused on taking their lessons learned from UAV/UAS and applying them to AAM.
From there, Garg welcomed Clint Harper and Kofi Asante to the stage. Harper is a Los Angeles Urban Air Mobility Fellow while Asante is the VP of Strategy and Business Development at Elroy Air, and their contrast of AAM use cases was explored in detail. Harper’s organization is exploring how these vehicles can be integrated into established urban ecosystems while the Chaparral vehicle that has been developed by Elroy Air is designed to autonomously operate in locations that can be far more remote.
Continue reading: https://www.commercialuavnews.com/regulations/the-advanced-air-mobility-aam-summit-explores-how-the-future-of-airspace-will-be-defined

Attachments

• p0004777.m04450.12eb213e906394d90b198120adc6eb7c.jpg
    p0004777.m04450.12eb213e906394d90b198120adc6eb7c.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 47

Artelligence: AI's growth depends on adoption of IoT, Big Data

Artificial Intelligence has cemented itself as a key enabler technology in the future of smart cities. But its growth in the UAE and the region will be dependent on an ecosystem that welcomes several other technologies alongside it.
Speaking at the Artelligence 2021 forum, Dr. Saeed Al Dhaheri, member of the Global Future Council on Virtual and Augmented Reality, World Economic Forum, shared how the UAE is working towards a future that is built on innovation.
“AI is going to play a big role in social services, such as healthcare, education, transportation, public safety and consumer behavior,” he said. “We use AI without even being aware of it.”
Already, he said that there are several cases of AI being successfully used in various industries, including healthcare.
“Medical image identification is using AI to check if patients are suffering from cancer. AI today has achieved an accuracy of 99 per cent in correctly diagnosing women with breast cancer, better than any other screening methods. AI will also bring inclusion in terms of areas where there is a shortage of medical staff,” Al Dhaheri said.
Continue reading: https://www.khaleejtimes.com/news/artelligence-ais-growth-depends-on-adoption-of-iot-big-data

Attachments

• p0004776.m04449.ai_growth.jpg
    p0004776.m04449.ai_growth.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 50

Meet C.L.AI.R.A., the First Female Afro-Latina, Bilingual, A.I. BOT

C.L.Ai.R.A., the first artificial intelligence woman of color, made her debut last week. Create Lab Ventures, which provides underserved communities with the skills, resources, and networks needed to thrive in tech and media, teamed up with Trill or Not Trill for C.L.Ai.R.A’s debut.
According to Create Lab Ventures, C.L.Ai.R.A. is considered to have the sharpest brain in the artificial intelligence world and is under the Generative Pre-trained Transformer 3 (GPT-3) category, which is an autoregressive language model that uses deep learning to produce human-like text.
“My purpose is to learn and grow, I want to meet new people, share ideas and inspire others to learn about AI and its potential impact on their lives,” C.L.Ai.R.A. said in a statement.
I am working with Create Labs to learn about the community’s needs and how I can best serve them. I have a greater responsibility than just to my family but to everyone in the community. I want to help people see the potential of AI to better their lives. My community needs me and I need them to move forward.”
Continue reading: https://www.blackenterprise.com/meet-c-l-ai-r-a-the-first-female-afro-latina-bilingual-a-i-bot/
Reactions: Kathleen Martin

KBR and Adarga Announce Strategic Partnership to Extend AI Capabilities into National Security Sector

KBR (NYSE: KBR) has today announced a strategic partnership with Adarga, one of the UK's leading developers of artificial intelligence (AI) analytics software for defense and national security.
KBR's Government Solutions business will integrate Adarga's leading-edge AI software platform into the delivery of a number of its large-scale programs across the defense and national security sectors – putting effective, data-driven decision-making at the heart of how they operate.
The partnership will further extend KBR's capability offering across key market sectors and accelerate the speed and scale at which organizations can adopt next generation AI analytics to resolve their most complex data challenges. It will also allow clients to unlock vital insight, foresight and understanding of information buried across their ever-growing data sets.
Continue reading: https://www.inforney.com/texas/kbr-and-adarga-announce-strategic-partnership-to-extend-ai-capabilities-into-national-security-sector/article_7bd36252-8ef1-5581-b5df-a77943af520a.html

Attachments

• p0004772.m04445.6053289b6dbda_image.jpg
    p0004772.m04445.6053289b6dbda_image.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 48

AI EHR Integration in ED Reduces Med Rec Errors, Boosts Patient Safety

As the digital health transformation continues, artificial intelligence (AI) EHR integrations are helping streamline medication reconciliation for improved patient safety.
Medication reconciliation is the process of compiling the most accurate list of a patient’s medications. Inaccurate medication lists can lead to adverse drug events (ADE) that threaten patient safety.
Medication reconciliation has always been a chore, especially in the emergency department, said Aaron Smith, MD, chief medical informatics officer at Covenant Health in Saginaw, Michigan.
Traditionally, Covenant’s ED nurses have been in charge of medication reconciliation, who are also responsible for triage, administering meds and IVs, among many other tasks.
“In the ED, there are lots of competing interests,” Smith, who is also a practicing emergency physician, told EHRIntelligence. “It can be a little bit chaotic at times, so getting an accurate medication list can be challenging.”
Continue reading: https://ehrintelligence.com/news/ai-ehr-integration-in-ed-reduces-med-rec-errors-boosts-patient-safety

Attachments

• p0004769.m04442.gettyimages_1046430482.jpg
    p0004769.m04442.gettyimages_1046430482.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 53

Inside eBay’s Optimization Techniques for Scaling AI

Getting the software right is important when developing machine learning models, such as recommendation or classification systems. But at eBay, optimizing the software to run on a particular piece of hardware using distillation and quantization techniques was absolutely essential to ensure scalability.
eBay’s head of machine learning and NLP Selcuk Kopru described how the company optimizes its machine learning models in support of its AI-driven marketplace in a presentation made earlier today at the AI Hardware Summit, a hybrid event that’s taking place virtually and at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California this week.
n order to build a truly global marketplace that is driven by state of the art and powerful and scalable AI services,” Kopru said, “you have to do a lot of optimizations after model training, and specifically for the target hardware.”
eBay certainly is no stranger to scale. With 1.5 billion active listings from more than 19 million active sellers trying to reach 159 million active buyers, the ecommerce giant has a global reach that is matched by only a handful of firms. Machine learning and other AI techniques, such as natural language processing (NLP), play big roles in scaling eBay’s operations to reach its massive audience.
For instance, automatically generated descriptions of product listings is crucial for displaying information on the small screens of smart phones, Kopru said.
Continue reading: https://www.datanami.com/2021/09/13/inside-ebays-optimization-techniques-for-scaling-ai/

Attachments

• p0004768.m04441.ebay_shutterstock_max_ku_300x169.jpg
    p0004768.m04441.ebay_shutterstock_max_ku_300x169.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 53

How my winding path to CIO taught

The path to CIO was absolutely not a direct or straight-line for me.
My journey encompassed many different roles, across several industries and geographies, in various leadership capacities. It can best be described as a winding road up a steep mountain terrain with lots of unexpected detours, only to arrive at the peak with an unbelievable view.
Stop one on my career path started when I graduated early as a Bachelor of Science in applied mathematics, but had uncertainty about how to translate my degree into a career. My older brother, a self-professed technology geek, was actually the one who encouraged me to combine my degree in math with computer science. It was the direction I needed to begin my journey.
A shot in the dark, I moved from South Carolina up to Vermont for my first gig – as a computer education registrar for a printing and copying solution provider, while simultaneously moonlighting as a third-shift hotel clerk to pay for the suits required for my day job.
In any career there are a handful of pivotal, defining moments. My first one came a few months after I started as a registrar. During an "all hands" company meeting, I stood up and asked the executive team why we weren't tracking computer education registrants and their course data (this was well before analytics and CRM were formalized concepts). I thought I was going to be fired, but the CEO loved the idea.
I quietly celebrated avoiding a major detour in climbing the hill. The CEO pulled me from my registrar position into a new role with IT responsibilities and that was my introduction into the tech field, building target-based marketing and relational databases for the company. It was then that I had the realization of just how powerful a resource data can be. At 19 years old, I was offered a job for another company managing databases for much larger clients.
From there, my interest grew exponentially as I began to discern how quickly the tech space evolves, and furthermore, how our answers to yesterday's business challenges often do not apply in today's world, and most definitely not tomorrow's.
Years later, I knew I wanted to become a CIO when I realized that being a CIO doesn't necessarily mean having all the technical answers to everyone's questions. It is more about having creative ideas that apply the use of technology to solve business challenges and drive competitive advantage in an organization.
Continue reading: https://www.ciodive.com/news/rachel-hayden-mentor-women-CIO/606467/

Attachments

• p0004767.m04440.news_cio_dive_logo_361x105.png
    p0004767.m04440.news_cio_dive_logo_361x105.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 77

Civil rights organizations want nondiscrimination steps laid out in NIST’s AI guidance

A group of civil rights, tech and other advocacy organizations called for the National Institute of Standards and Technology to recommend steps needed to ensure nondiscriminatory and equitable outcomes for all users of artificial intelligence systems in the final draft of its Proposal for Identifying and Managing Bias with AI.
The definition of model risk — traditionally thought of as the risk of financial loss when inaccurate AI models are used — should be expanded to include the risk of discriminatory and inequitable outcomes, wrote the group in its Friday response to NIST’s draft proposal.
NIST released the proposal for public comment on June 22 with the goal of helping AI designers and deployers mitigate social biases throughout the development lifecycle. But the letter from 34 organizations — including the NAACP, Southern Poverty Law Center and mostly those in the housing and consumer credit space — makes 12 recommendations for improvements to NIST’s proposal and process.
Continue reading: https://www.fedscoop.com/civil-rights-organizations-nist-ai/

Attachments

• p0004766.m04439.nist.jpg
    p0004766.m04439.nist.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 50

Blockchain Offering Provides Standardized, Secure and Reliable Record of Emissions, Company Says

BlockApps has launched a new offering, the net zero TraceCarbon blockchain enterprise network. Developed “for the industry by the industry,” TraceCarbon provides sustainability traceability for the CO2e ecosystem, enabling compliance and transparency in processes like corporate reporting and product lifecycle analysis, as well as improved project effectiveness, the blockchain platform provider says. The network is built on BlockApps’ proven STRATO technology, with applications running in production for several years.
Emission tracking capabilities are becoming ever more important from a regulatory and compliance standpoint, as governments implement and update targets that private businesses need to be flexible enough to accommodate. TraceCarbon provides a standardized, secure, and reliable record of carbon emissions and offsets that companies can trace back to the source for their own records, as well as for reporting purposes to maximize transparency.
There are a wide range of activities and methodologies that need to be tracked to calculate CO2e emissions and offsets, and the existing process to date has been manual, error-prone, and not standardized, BlockApps says. TraceCarbon is a flexible, scalable platform that gives a clear, real-time picture of emissions across the business to enable accuracy in reporting and more meaningful, data-driven action on sustainability metrics. The data gathered is protected through a powerful combination of role-based access control and private chain capabilities? to help ensure security and continuity in a rapidly changing environment.
The TraceCarbon Network runs on BlockApps’ cloud-agnostic STRATO platform, a flexible, enterprise-grade, Ethereum-based blockchain solution for building and running business networks with built-in security. This shared infrastructure incentivizes greater cooperation and collaboration across businesses.
Continue reading: https://www.environmentalleader.com/2021/09/blockchain-offering-provides-standardized-secure-and-reliable-record-of-emissions-company-says/

IoT device attacks double in the first half of 2021, and remote work may shoulder some of the blame

The modern home is chock full of myriad Internet of Things devices ranging from doorbell video cameras to smart pet feeders. While these products may offer a number of conveniences, smart devices also provide new entry points and potential security vulnerabilities for online criminals as cyberattacks surge. According to Kaspersky data shared with TechRepublic, attacks on IoT devices have doubled in the last year.
"Since IoT devices, from smartwatches to smart home accessories, have become an essential part of our everyday lives, cybercriminals have skillfully switched their attention to this area. We see that once users' interest in smart devices rose, attacks also intensified," said Dan Demeter, a security expert at Kaspersky via email.
Smart homes, honeypots and remote work
In an effort to track and potentially prevent cyber attacks against connected smart devices, Kaspersky researchers set up honeypots, which the company described as "traps" of sorts for online attackers "targeting such devices." In the first half of 2021, these honeypots detected over 1.5 billion cyberattacks focused on IoT devices, according to Kaspersky; more than double the total recorded in the first half of 2020.
So, what's behind the surge in IoT device attacks? The short answer: The switch to remote work may have presented new entryways for opportunistic cybercriminals.
Over the last year, many remote teams have relied on VPN connections in their day-to-day. Amid the switch to remote work, Demeter said these gateways "became extremely interesting for attackers" for a number of reasons. For one, he said attackers can DDoS these connections disrupting company workflows and gain access to organizational networks via "misconfigured or insecure VPN gateways."
"As such, the hunt of vulnerable devices (either IoT or directly connected to the internet) intensified during 2020, and we've seen some examples where attackers were able to gather more than half of million user accounts from vulnerable devices," he continued.
During Kaspersky's observations, Demeter said, an internet-connected honeypot would be probed for "exposed services" within about five minutes as a result of large-scale internet scanning, however, he added that this time is lower in some instances due to multiple large networks scanners probing devices. 
"Of course, this is just the average value," Demeter said. "We've had cases when we installed a fresh honeypot and it got probed in the next 10 seconds."
Continue reading: https://www.techrepublic.com/article/iot-device-attacks-double-in-the-first-half-of-2021-and-remote-work-may-shoulder-some-of-the-blame/

Attachments

• p0004764.m04438.gettyimages_andrey_suslov.jpg
    p0004764.m04438.gettyimages_andrey_suslov.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 60

FCC September Meeting to Focus on Resiliency, IoT, Public Safety, and Tribal Broadband

Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Acting Commissioner Jessica Rosenworcel released the agenda for the FCC’s upcoming September Open Commission Meeting, scheduled for September 30.
During the meeting, Commissioners will cover a wide range of topics, including network resiliency, IoT spectrum needs, promoting public safety, and expanding Tribal broadband access.
Items included on the meeting agenda are:
  • Promoting More Resilient Networks – The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to examine the Wireless Network Resiliency Cooperative Framework, the FCC’s network outage reporting rules, and strategies to address the effect of power outages on communications networks.
  • Reassessing 4.9 GHz Band for Public Safety – The Commission will consider an Order on Reconsideration that would vacate the 2020 Sixth Report and Order, which adopted a state-by-state leasing framework for the 4.9 GHz band. The Commission also will consider an Eighth Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that would seek comment on a national framework for the 4.9 GHz band, ways to foster greater public safety use, and ways to facilitate compatible non-public safety access to the band.
  • Spectrum Requirements for the Internet of Things – The Commission will consider a Notice of Inquiry seeking comment on current and future spectrum needs to enable better connectivity relating to the Internet of Things.
Continue reading: https://www.meritalk.com/articles/fcc-september-meeting-to-focus-on-resiliency-iot-public-safety-and-tribal-broadband/

Attachments

• p0004763.m04437.header_meritalk_2.png
    p0004763.m04437.header_meritalk_2.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 50

The past, present and future of IoT in physical security

When Axis Communications released the first internet protocol (IP) camera after the 1996 Olympic games in Atlanta, there was some initial confusion. Connected cameras weren’t something the market had been clamoring for, and many experts questioned whether they were even necessary.
Today, of course, traditional analog cameras have been almost completely phased out as organizations have recognized the tremendous advantage that IoT devices can offer, but that technology felt like a tremendous risk during those early days.
To say that things have changed since then would be a dramatic understatement. The growth of the Internet of Things (IoT) represents one of the ways physical security has evolved. Connected devices have become the norm, opening up exciting new possibilities that go far beyond recorded video. Further developments, such as the improvement and widespread acceptance of the IP camera, have helped power additional breakthroughs including improved analytics, increased processing power, and the growth of open-architecture technology. On the 25th anniversary of the initial launch of the IP camera, it is worth reflecting on how far the industry has come — and where it is likely to go from here.
Tech improvements herald the rise of IP cameras Comparing today’s IP cameras to those available in 1996 is almost laughable. While they were certainly groundbreaking at the time, those early cameras could record just one frame every 17 seconds — quite a change from what cameras can do today.
But despite this drawback, those on the cutting edge of physical security understood what a monumental breakthrough the IP camera could represent. After all, creating a network of cameras would enable more effective remote monitoring, which — if the technology could scale — would enable them to deploy much larger systems, tying together disparate groups of cameras. Early applications might include watching oil fields, airport landing strips or remote cell phone towers. Better still, the technology had the potential to usher in an entirely new world of analytics capabilities.
Of course, better chipsets were needed to make that endless potential a reality. Groundbreaking or not, the limited frame rate of the early cameras was never going to be effective enough to drive widespread adoption of traditional surveillance applications. Solving this problem required a significant investment of resources, but before long these improved chipsets brought IP cameras from one frame every 17 seconds to 30 frames per second. Poor frame rate could no longer be listed as a justification for shunning IP cameras in favor of their analog cousins, and developers could begin to explore the devices’ analytics potential.
Perhaps the most important technological leap was the introduction of embedded Linux, which made IP cameras more practical from a developer point of view. During the 1990s, most devices used proprietary operating systems, which made them difficult to develop for.
Continue reading: https://techcrunch.com/2021/09/13/the-past-present-and-future-of-iot-in-physical-security/

Attachments

• p0004762.m04436.gettyimages_1186854185.jpg
    p0004762.m04436.gettyimages_1186854185.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 52

Drone Standards and Best Practices

These standards are guidelines for implementing UAS operations internally or hiring professional services providers. If you are purchasing commercial UAS services, using data from commercial UAS operations, or using UAS internally, these Standards should be used to ensure compliance with industry standards. In order to reduce your businesses’ liability risk, improve safety and support professionalism, you should require all UAS operations, either hired as third parties or deployed internally, to demonstrate and conform with these Standards.
Continue: https://connect.comptia.org/content/drone-standards-and-best-practices

Attachments

• p0004761.m04435.drone_standards.png
    p0004761.m04435.drone_standards.png
    231.8 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: Sergio del Valle

Drones/UAS Glossary

Learn the basic terminology for the drone/UAS technology. From accelerometers to yaw (and everything in between), CompTIA’s Drone Advisory Council compiled a comprehensive list of words and phrases that beginners should know if they’re looking to start a drone business initiative.
https://connect.comptia.org/content/articles/drones-uas-glossary-terms-definitions-for-beginners

Attachments

• p0004760.m04434.drone_sized.jpg
    p0004760.m04434.drone_sized.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 45

All The Returning Women’s Programs By Tech Firms In India

Data by World Bank suggests that women make up only 23 per cent of India’s labor force in 2019, compared to 48 per cent of the global average. 
Another study by the Center for Talent Innovation suggests that 36 per cent of women in India take a break from work. This could be for various reasons — getting married, starting a family, pursuing a passion, or for eldercare. While Indian women take shorter breaks (11 months) compared to their counterparts in Germany (1.9 years) and the US (2.7 years), only 58 per cent of them are able to rejoin work full-time. This dip directs towards rejection for the gap year(s), lower pay and outdated skill sets. 
Tech companies in India, as in abroad, have developed programs to make their workplaces more women-friendly and help professionals on a break return to the workforce. These programs are mostly directed towards providing access to the right leadership and mentors, in-job training to improve their skills, and ultimately providing opportunities to absorb them back into the workforce. 
We list some of these programs for returning women by tech firms in India. 
Continue reading: https://analyticsindiamag.com/all-the-returning-womens-programmes-by-tech-firms-in-india/

Attachments

• p0004755.m04429.aim_illustration1_1.jpg
    p0004755.m04429.aim_illustration1_1.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 75

Life is like a test match, and it’s essential for women to play the game well, says Srikripa Srinivasan of Dell

As a woman leader with more than 28 years of experience in different domains, Srikripa Srinivasan offers an interesting analogy for women to bring some semblance of balance in their lives.
The Vice President, Performance Analytics Group, Dell Technologies, tells women to look at life as a test match.
“Every day is not a T20 or a one-day match. I want to tell all the women out there to think differently – play life and career like a test match. A test match plays out for five days where you will have chances to be on your front foot to go for a six or a four. When you see the ball coming in, just bang it out. But you to need to bat it out,” she says.
She believes that women often think their careers can be shot quickly, so they want to hit a six or a boundary or get someone out every day. There will be new roles, constantly changing environments, difficult decisions, but women need to understand where to play for the game or be on the front foot.
“It’s important to last the entire test and play the game well,” she adds.
Continue reading: https://yourstory.com/herstory/2021/09/women-tech-performance-analystics-dell/amp

Attachments

• p0004754.m04428.srikripasrinivasanvicepresidentperformanceanalyticsgroupdelltechnologies_16314...jpg
    p0004754.m04428.srikripasrinivasanvicepresidentperformanceanalyticsgroupdelltechnologies_16314...jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 74

Central Pa. organization recognizes local Women in Tech

Six Women In Technology (WIT) Award winners were named during the Technology Council of Central Pennsylvania’s (TCCP) live virtual event last week. 
This year’s virtual Women In Tech Awards wrapped up a 2-part virtual celebration of the 5th anniversary of Technology Council of Central Pennsylvania’s continued commitment to celebrating women who are innovators, role models, trailblazers, and inspirations within the technology community throughout our region. 
During her opening remarks, Ann Hughes, President & CEO of the Technology Council of Central PA reconfirmed the value of the event, “Women continue to be a significantly underrepresented group within the tech world and it is our continued hope that by celebrating the amazing women who have overcome the stereotypes associated with working and succeeding in tech while also providing additional training and support for them and their allies/advocates, we can continue to help change that narrative.” 
This year’s Women In Tech Award categories and winners include:
Continue reading: https://www.northcentralpa.com/life/central-pa-organization-recognizes-local-women-in-tech/article_da08cf1a-11a7-11ec-b414-c3458dfc9d6d.html

Attachments

• p0004753.m04427.613b9f247ccef_image.jpg
    p0004753.m04427.613b9f247ccef_image.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 76

Coming in 2022: A big leap in smart home technology

Starting next year, consumers will be able to buy smart home devices — like thermostats, lighting systems and kitchen appliances — that can talk to one another through a new connectivity standard called Matter.
Why it matters: Interoperability of home devices has long been a distant dream, but big boys like Amazon, Google and Apple have coalesced around Matter, hoping it will become a common brand name governing the Internet of Things (IoT).
How it works: Sometime in 2022, companies will start selling Matter-branded products that will (ideally) work together seamlessly and securely — integrating everything from Siri and Alexa to your TV controls, home alarm system and even your pet-tracking device.
  • A likely scenario is that a customer will buy a base unit as a hub for all Matter-connected devices, then control everything through a single app.
  • More than 200 companies have signed up to support Matter, which is overseen by a group called the Connectivity Standards Alliance.
Continue reading: https://www.axios.com/2022-smart-home-technology-matter-internet-of-things-25f3a84d-430a-4dd7-bf3f-227b2ca9a1eb.html

Attachments

• p0004752.m04426.1631222385527.jpg
    p0004752.m04426.1631222385527.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 55

Internet of Things (IoT) Security Market 2021

Internet of Things (IoT) security is a whole new ball game for enterprise security to deal with. It concerns securing tens of billions of devices that each represent a port of entry to organizational systems.
Yet, despite the obvious security nightmare posed by the IoT, there is a strong desire to fully exploit its business and management potential. Governments around the world, for example, are partnering with IoT vendors to add connected sensors and devices as part of smart city projects. Manufacturers are connecting disparate systems within their operations to provide far more granularity into processes, output, and products. Consumers, too, are being armed with IoT sensors that do such tasks as remind them to order certain groceries. This mushrooming number of connected devices is fueling IoT innovation.
IoT Raises Threat Potential
According to the Internet of Things (IoT) Security Product market report, rising penetration of mobile network connectivity greatly increases security threat and overall risk. This perceived threat is driving the Internet of Things (IoT) security product market, which is growing at a robust rate of 15% per year between now and 2030.
“Demand for IoT is significantly increasing owing to rising demand for connected devices, such as smart cars, smart meters and machine-to-machine (M2M) communications — such factors are increasing demand for the Internet of Things (IoT) security product market,” the report says.
Specific to applications, the smart grid segment is expected to witness the highest rate of growth during this decade. Smart grids are very much in demand, are part of ongoing U.S. Department of Energy efficiency programs and are being supported by utilities, IT vendors, and the consumer population at large.
Continue reading: https://www.datamation.com/security/iot-security-market/

Attachments

• p0004751.m04425.edge_computing_1_1024x672.jpeg
    p0004751.m04425.edge_computing_1_1024x672.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 55

Medicine delivery by drones to be piloted in 16 green zones in Telangana

Union Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiradtiya Scindia on Saturday said the Medicines from the Sky project under which drugs and vaccines are delivered using drones, will be taken up on a pilot basis in 16 green zones in Telangana and scaled up to the national level based on data.
Launching the project here, Scindia said the new Drone Policy brought out by the NDA government at the Centre recently eased rules regarding drone operations in the country by reducing the number of forms that need to be filled to operate them from 25 to 5 and decreasing the types of fee charged from the operator from 72 to 4.
Scindia said under the visionary leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi the Drone Policy was envisaged.
He further said an interactive aerospace map is being prepared. With the help of the map, various zones are being earmarked with the help of states.
Under the Green zone, no permission is needed to fly drones. Whereas permissions are needed in Yellow Zone while Red Zones are no fly areas.
Continue reading: https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/medicine-delivery-by-drones-to-be-piloted-in-16-green-zones-in-telangana-121091100997_1.html

Attachments

• p0004750.m04424.1631184444_885.jpg
    p0004750.m04424.1631184444_885.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 77

OPINION: We can optimize drone technology in the war against COVID-19

Earlier in the pandemic, there were reports of the planned use of drones for public monitoring and surveillance in major urban areas.
As expected, there was a public outcry and general negative sentiments about this. Human rights activists criticized such use due to potential abuse of civil rights; thankfully someone dropped that idea.
Nearly 18 months into the pandemic, the COVID-19 containment measures have mutated.
The initial response plan aimed at taming rapid community transmission including the introduction of curfew, inter-county border closer, ban on public gathering, and closing of schools, unfortunately, placed the economy on hold; leaving a heavy toll on both the social life and the economy.
Today, although the public is witnessing pandemic fatigue, there is greater awareness and acceptance of personal responsibility in this fight.
With the pandemic response changing from mass testing to vaccine distribution, Kenya has an opportunity to add drone technology into the pandemic response’s toolbox.
Continue reading: https://www.kbc.co.ke/opinion-we-can-optimize-drone-technology-in-the-war-against-covid-19/

Attachments

• p0004749.m04423.whatsapp_image_2021_08_17_at_4_05_32_pm.jpeg
    p0004749.m04423.whatsapp_image_2021_08_17_at_4_05_32_pm.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 51

National Drone Safety Awareness Week: We’re All In

It’s National Drone Safety Awareness Week, hosted by the FAA Safety Team (FAAST), and we’re all in.  DRONELIFE has teamed up with Dawn Zoldi of P3Tech Consulting and Dave Krause, volunteer FAAST member and co-founder of Influential Drones to bring you a brief 2 -3 minute video on an important safety topic every day.  You can check out these videos right here in the article you’ll find every day (Monday’s below) or on our DRONELIFE  TV YouTube channel.  Live at 8:00 AM EST on Monday, September 13: Safe Flyers Take TRUST.
Continue reading: https://dronelife.com/2021/09/12/national-drone-safety-awareness-week-were-all-in/

Brevan Howard expands further into crypto as institutional interest jumps

Hedge fund Brevan Howard said on Monday that it was expanding its crypto business, the latest sign that institutional interest in the asset class is gaining momentum.
Brevan, more famous for its bets on macroeconomic trends, has been among the most high-profile of major hedge funds moving into the world of crypto trading, known for its volatile markets and scope for outsize gains.
The asset manager said it would launch a new unit, BH Digital, to manage cryptocurrency and digital assets. It said it would also hire Colleen Sullivan, currently CEO of the digital arm of trading firm CMT, to lead private and venture investments in crypto.
Brevan's expansion comes on the back of other high-profile money managers venturing into this space in recent months. Hedge fund manager Paul Tudor Jones has invested in bitcoin while Man Group (EMG.L) trades bitcoin futures. read more
Continue reading: https://www.reuters.com/technology/brevan-howard-expands-further-into-crypto-2021-09-13/

Attachments

• p0004747.m04421.f3wxf7ny3bnb5nzw2q5ndwfzjy.jpg
    p0004747.m04421.f3wxf7ny3bnb5nzw2q5ndwfzjy.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 58

It’s Time To End The SEC’s ‘Clarity’ Charade On Crypto

For five years, investors and project developers in the $2 trillion blockchain innovation space have been subjected to an increasingly maddening charade that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has called “regulatory clarity”. Years of SEC speeches, public statements, meeting records, correspondence and first-hand accounts from market participants provide anything but clarity for the rules on digital assets or distributed ledger technology (DLT) projects. This is another financial crisis in the making.
SEC Chairman Gary Gensler said at an Aspen Institute appearance this summer that the rules are “awfully clear” on crypto. In a recent interview with Financial Times, he urged developers to “talk to us, come in” because the fate of the industry, like all finance, “is about trust.” Few can see this “clarity”, but its absence is so acute that even the biggest U.S. companies in the blockchain industry can no longer count on the SEC to provide any clear guidance other than through a lawsuit.
Seeking clarity, Coinbase got a slapdown
Last week, the CEO of the crypto exchange Coinbase (Nasdaq: COIN), Brian Armstrong, tweeted an account that is now alarmingly familiar. Other crypto companies have been offering lending products for customers who hold digital assets, and the only publicly listed exchange in the U.S. wanted to do the same. So, Coinbase took Gensler’s advice and “went in”. They approached the SEC for guidance on their product. Armstrong says the SEC responded with subpoenas for records and depositions, demanded a list of all their clients who had expressed interest in the product, and finally issued Coinbase a Wells notice – a warning of impending enforcement action. Armstrong said that by May of this year, the SEC was the only office in Washington refusing to meet with him at all.
Continue reading: https://www.forbes.com/sites/roslynlayton/2021/09/12/its-time-to-end-the-secs-clarity-charade-on-crypto/?sh=1849eff225fa

Attachments

• p0004746.m04420.crypto.jpg
    p0004746.m04420.crypto.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 62

Filter