• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

IoT Analytics – How can you Benefit from it?

The traditional data warehouse platform may be efficient in the long term actions, but it’s quite the opposite when it comes to solving issues on the spot. If time is your priority, it’s worth reaching out for modern IoT analytics solutions. How do they work exactly?
IoT is an increasingly popular way to improve existing business operations as well as identify new revenue streams. The concept of IoT is nothing new, but its management requires an innovative approach. With so many IoT devices contributing to a network, efficient problem detection and detecting anomalies in real-time is a hard nut to crack. Automation tools can make that much easier, allowing the company to focus on its core business activity instead of solving current issues. 
In the case of the Internet of Things, the immediate reaction is essential – and with so much data, it’s practically impossible without engaging automation. Using the IoT analytics platform, you can redirect a part of the repetitive and time-consuming operations to the software. That means no more manual data entry and offer configuration, among many other benefits!
Continue reading: https://thefutureofthings.com/16593-iot-analytics-how-can-you-benefit-from-it/

Attachments

• p0006217.m05875.main_20211210134347_g5b51596a4c81c3e5396d8c481d8eb75a04c7b4c82eaa361188f458c81...jpg
    p0006217.m05875.main_20211210134347_g5b51596a4c81c3e5396d8c481d8eb75a04c7b4c82eaa361188f458c81...jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: Brianna White

6 IoT security layers to shape the ultimate defense strategy

All good defense strategies share something in common: Whether they protect a castle or an IoT deployment, they all consist of layers that can maintain security even if one measure fails.
Even though castle or tower defense primarily exists in games these days, cybersecurity strategies elicit the same imagery. Firewalls and zero trust compare to barricades and moats to stop attacks coming from outside of the network. Knights and AI target individual threats that break through the initial defenses. Once attackers breach the outer walls, segmentation creates another line of defense between valuables so attacks can't continue to spread.
Security strategies with multiple IoT security layers have become necessary because of the growing number of attacks targeting IoT. Between January and June 2021, 1.5 billion breaches took advantage of IoT vulnerabilities, according to security service provider Kaspersky. With the remote work movement and the spread of enterprise networks away from a central network, attackers can take advantage of more potential entry points.
IT administrators can adopt many security best practices that repeat across technologies. One way to organize their strategy is to adopt measures based on six IoT security layers throughout their deployment.
Continue reading: https://internetofthingsagenda.techtarget.com/tip/6-IoT-security-layers-to-shape-the-ultimate-defense-strategy

Attachments

• p0006216.m05874.security_a375027496.jpg
    p0006216.m05874.security_a375027496.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 34

The Path to Future-Proof IoT

The concept of the IoT has been laid out for over 20 years. Yet the technology landscape is still very much under construction: New alliances, protocols, and platforms come every year, while others get abandoned. It is important that we focus on building products that are relevant today, yet won’t be obsolete when the next innovation comes around. This post describes our approach to the path of future-proof IoT.
Ever-changing Technologies
From the early days of the IoT, it became clear that standards were going to be necessary if we were going to achieve massive object connectivity. Proprietary solutions would only get us so far in terms of scale and adoption. Siloed products simply are not able to achieve the network effects of open standard-based ones. This is why connectivity standards emerged rapidly, such as:
  • ZigBee
  • WirelessHart
  • Bluetooth Low energy
  • ZigBee IP
  • Thread
  • 6TiSCH
  • LoRa
  • Wi-Sun
  • NB-IoT
We soon ended up with a problem of choice.
Continue reading: https://www.iotforall.com/the-path-to-future-proof-iot

Attachments

• p0006215.m05873.the_path_to_future_proof_iot_1_1024x768.jpg
    p0006215.m05873.the_path_to_future_proof_iot_1_1024x768.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 36

More Needs To Be Done To Encourage Women To Join The Tech Industries

Professor Nicola Wilkin outlines the importance of attracting a greater gender diversity in the technology industry and how businesses and educational institutions can help bridge the gap:
While the number of women working within the technology industry has continued to climb over the past year, there is still a concerning gender imbalance in the industry, magnified even further when we look at representation of women of color and women from disadvantaged economic backgrounds. 
The benefits of a diverse workforce in any industry cannot be overstated, but particularly in STEM sectors where female voices are often underrepresented. Despite a growing awareness of the need to bridge the gender recruitment gap in the tech sector, and a steady rise in women working in the industry (currently 31% in the UK), there is still an alarming absence of women of color in technology roles. For example, Black women only made up 0.7% of IT positions in 2020, according to a recent BCS’ study based on Office for National Statistics (ONS) employment data.
The startling statistics of inequality don’t stop there. According to the Women Tech Network, 34% of STEM graduates are women but only 5% of tech start-ups are female founded. Furthermore, almost half (46%) of women in the technology sector have reported experiencing sexism and discrimination  first-hand. 
Continue reading: https://www.fenews.co.uk/skills/more-needs-to-be-done-to-encourage-women-to-join-the-tech-industries/

Attachments

• p0006214.m05872.nicola_wilkin_fe_news_1200.jpg
    p0006214.m05872.nicola_wilkin_fe_news_1200.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 41

Encouraging women into STEM not just another ‘equality’ fad

So often, we hear about the need or want for more women in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). Colleges call for more women to take STEM subjects in third-level education. Industry tells us we need to increase the number of women in STEM. Women go into schools encouraging girls to consider STEM careers.
For most of my working life, I have advocated for girls and women to consider STEM careers and, in particular, careers in computing, because I think it is really important. I do this with Lero, the University of Limerick, Women in Technology and Science (WITS), and through the Johnson & Johnson Women in STEM D (STEM with Manufacturing and Design) project in Lero/UL.
But, do people know the reasons why there is such interest in promoting STEM to girls? Do people understand why this is important? Or, is this just another ‘equality’ fad?
Reason 1: The Individual
There are many girls and women who are talented in STEM disciplines. They have developed skills throughout their lives, within their homes and their schools. They may have enjoyed STEM with their peers, created volcano experiments on their front lawns, attended CoderDojo on Saturday mornings, or participated in events such as the Irish Computer Society-Lero SCRATCH programming competition.
Continue reading: https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/commentanalysis/arid-40766418.html

Attachments

• p0006213.m05871.2787363_11_articlelarge_stem_20subjects_20at_20elphin_20community_20college.jpg
    p0006213.m05871.2787363_11_articlelarge_stem_20subjects_20at_20elphin_20community_20college.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 38

Why The Future of Tech Must Include Women

Intel engineer Ingrid Liao understands the unique challenges that women in tech face.
Tell us a bit about what you do and what a typical day looks like. I’m an epitaxy technology development engineer at the Ronler Acres, Oregon D1 site, overseeing film deposition tools that deposit epitaxial source and drain layers onto our wafers. Every day I make sure my tools are working properly and validate my tools’ deposition quality by evaluating different quality charts. I also make sure that communication is aligned with the equipment technicians who help with our projects and daily tasks.
Did you always know you wanted to work in technology? How did you decide to go into engineering? I was intrigued by science and technology concepts at a young age but never thought I would pursue a career in engineering. I dedicated a lot of my time pre-college to ballet lessons, dance teams, playing in orchestras at school and in the Southern California region, being a part of the marching band, taking viola and piano lessons. I got repeated (minor) injuries from over-dancing and playing instruments. Eventually, I realized that it wasn’t a practical career path for me after high school. When I took my first high school chemistry class, I fell in love and realized that it was the major I wanted to pursue in college.
After taking multiple STEM classes as an undergraduate, I grew a liking to physical chemistry and multivariable calculus, then combined it with my passion for creative arts and looked for applications in the real world. Luckily, I met my research professor, who introduced to me the concept of photolithography patterning on semiconductor substrates in my Statistical Mechanics and Kinetics class, which led me to pursue a higher degree in Materials Science and Engineering.
Continue reading: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-future-tech-must-women-150109682.html

Attachments

• p0006212.m05870.include_women.jpg
    p0006212.m05870.include_women.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 39

‘We’re Told It’s Not Really for Us’: NFT Mega-Collector The Beauty and the Punk on Her Quest to Empower Women in the Crypto Sphere

My goal of tracking down and interviewing the mysterious NFT collector Beauty and the Punk—also known as “B”—begins, appropriately, with a negotiation. B declines to connect via phone, instead suggesting the alternative telenetworking app Discord, home base for the crypto and NFT community. A compromise is reached, and in the end we conduct the interview via the more mainstream video messaging app Zoom.
Displaying only her Twitter avatar on the video feed, B refuses to divulge her real name, her age, or where she’s from. But she reveals that she is a woman in her 30s who was born in “a developing country” but has lived in Europe “for years now,” and says she has a career “as a consultant.” Her tone is friendly and gregarious, and she speaks in a British-tinged international accent that’s hard to place.
As a woman in the almost exclusively male crypto community, B admits that she’s something of a unicorn. Her bona fides equal or exceed her peers’: she holds the coveted Ape OG status, signaling that she claimed several uber-rare CryptoPunk Apes upon their initial release in 2017. There are just 24 Apes among the 10,000 total CryptoPunks, making them one of the most sought-after and prestigious collectibles in the crypto-art community. Today, the owners of these super-scarce primates are revered as pioneering visionaries who understood and invested in NFTs long before they went mainstream.
Continue reading: https://news.artnet.com/market/interview-with-nft-collector-and-entrepreneur-b-2049418

Attachments

• p0006211.m05869.img_8947_1024x1024.jpg
    p0006211.m05869.img_8947_1024x1024.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 33

Millennials and Gen Z are planning to spend thousands on cryptocurrency, NFTs and metaverse land as holiday gifts

Interest in digital assets surged this year, with the next generation of investors at the forefront.
The value of the cryptocurrency market briefly surpassed $3 trillion in November, with top coins like bitcoin and ether hitting all-time highs. Other digital assets, like nonfungible tokens, or NFTs, jumped in value as well. In November, NFT marketplace OpenSea surpassed $10 billion in total volume.
Demand for NFTs of art, music and in-game assets, like digital plots of land in the metaverse, soared.
Now, during the holiday season, young investors are spending big on NFTs and other digital assets as gifts. Here’s a look at what five people are planning to buy.
Digital land and NFTs of art for the family
Cynthia Gentry plans to gift an NFT of a digital land lot for her sister and parents to share in the metaverse. It could cost thousands of dollars, depending on factors like metaverse game, demand and size.
The 23-year-old San Antonio resident sees NFTs as assets that will appreciate over time. “It’s funny, I don’t think I even have a budget,” she says. “It doesn’t feel like I’m spending money, [I’m] just storing my money in a different asset.”
Continue reading: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/15/millennials-gen-z-plan-to-spend-thousands-crypto-nfts-metaverse-land-as-holiday-gifts.html

Attachments

• p0006210.m05868.106895726_1623412670817_gettyimages_1317721355_ajr_2436_20210512104604219.jpeg
    p0006210.m05868.106895726_1623412670817_gettyimages_1317721355_ajr_2436_20210512104604219.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 36

Blockchain And The Future Of Commercial Real Estate

Blockchain is a decentralized ledger that distributes identical copies of transactions across an entire network. These transactions are encoded and stored in "blocks" that are then "chained" together. This system is very difficult to hack or cheat, and it's also "very difficult to alter transactions logged in a public blockchain as no single authority controls the nodes," according to Forbes.
Many people have heard about blockchain technology in the context of cryptocurrencies, but it can be used in a number of other ways as well. As the managing broker of a commercial real estate firm, I'm dedicated to studying blockchain and understanding how it will change the real estate industry. Below are some of the ways I believe blockchain technology could influence the future of commercial real estate.
New Ways To Trade Assets
I expect blockchain to make it smoother, easier and safer to facilitate real estate transactions on trading platforms and online marketplaces. In fact, there are already platforms out there doing this. For example, ATLANT is a platform that tokenizes properties; the trading can all be done online, and the tokens can be exchanged for fiat currency. From my perspective, understanding the value in tokenizing real estate is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the future of partnerships and investments on the blockchain.
Continue reading: 
https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesbusinesscouncil/2021/12/15/blockchain-and-the-future-of-commercial-real-estate/?sh=432015dc6cc6

Attachments

• p0006209.m05867.real_estate.jpg
    p0006209.m05867.real_estate.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 41

Does AI Improve Human Judgment?

Decision-making has mostly revolved around learning from mistakes and making gradual, steady improvements. For several centuries, evolutionary experience has served humans well when it comes to decision-making. So, it is safe to say that most decisions human beings make are based on trial and error. Additionally, humans rely heavily on data to make key decisions. Larger the amount of high-integrity data available, the more balanced and rational their decisions will be. However, in the age of big data analytics, businesses and governments around the world are reluctant to use basic human instinct and know-how to make major decisions. Statistically, a large percentage of companies globally use big data for the purpose. Therefore, the application of AI in decision-making is an idea that is being adopted more and more today than in the past.
However, there are several debatable aspects of using AI in decision-making. Firstly, are all the decisions made with inputs from AI algorithms correct? And does the involvement of AI in decision-making cause avoidable problems? Read on to find out:
The argument for AI in Decision-Making
Not too long ago, before the emergence of big data, humans were reliant on intuition and experience to make creative decisions regarding marketing campaigns, inventory management and financial investments. However, this reliance on instinct and simple heuristics are not ideal as human biases also creep into decisions. Additionally, intuition and experience did not translate into accuracy and optimal decisions. There are several positives of including AI in decision-making across the board, but especially in certain sectors, such as marketing, finance and logistics. Businesses may use AI in decision-making via different methods.
Continue reading: https://www.forbes.com/sites/naveenjoshi/2021/12/15/does-ai-improve-human-judgment/?sh=7d58dfeb49d1

Attachments

• p0006208.m05866.forbes.jpg
    p0006208.m05866.forbes.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 37

Artificial Intelligence Can Generate Plausible, Entertaining, and Scientifically Interesting Titles for Research Articles

Spot the difference: can AI generate plausible Christmas BMJ titles?
AI generated titles were as attractive and entertaining to readers as real titles, but performance was enhanced by human intervention; AI could have a role in generating hypotheses or directions for future research.
Artificial intelligence (AI) technology can generate plausible, entertaining, and scientifically interesting titles for potential research articles, finds a study in the Christmas issue of The BMJ.
A study of The BMJ’s most popular Christmas research articles — which combine evidence based science with light hearted or quirky themes — finds that AI generated titles were as attractive to readers but that, as in other areas of medicine, performance was enhanced by human input. 
As such, the researchers say AI could have a role in generating hypotheses or directions for future research.
AI is already used to help doctors diagnose conditions, based on the idea that computer systems can learn from data and identify patterns. But can AI be used to generate worthwhile hypotheses for medical research?
To find out, the researchers used the titles of The BMJ’s 13 most-read Christmas research articles of the past 10 years to prompt similar AI generated titles, which they scored for scientific merit, entertainment, and plausibility. 
Continue reading: https://scitechdaily.com/artificial-intelligence-can-generate-plausible-entertaining-and-scientifically-interesting-titles-for-research-articles/

Attachments

• p0006207.m05865.robot_computer_ai_writing_1536x1024.jpg
    p0006207.m05865.robot_computer_ai_writing_1536x1024.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 32

14 Smart Ways Marketers And Advertisers Can Leverage AI In 2022

Leveraging artificial intelligence can help marketers predict consumer behavior and improve the buyer’s journey to create the most effective marketing strategies. Companies can lean on AI and machine learning to create more engaging content, analyze data to make better business decisions, automate customer support and more.
The use of AI in marketing is expected to increase in 2022 as more organizations seek ways to incorporate it into their processes to boost their advertising and marketing efforts. Here, 14 experts from Forbes Agency Council share some great ways that AI can assist industry leaders in marketing and advertising in the coming year.
1. To Optimize Media Buying And Lower Customer Acquisition Costs
AI can help optimize media buying and lower the cost of customer acquisition. With manual optimization becoming more difficult and resource-intensive, implementing AI and deep learning solutions to drive performance at scale can ensure that budgets are being spent as efficiently as possible. - Jeremy Fain, Cognitiv
Continue reading: https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesagencycouncil/2021/12/15/14-smart-ways-marketers-and-advertisers-can-leverage-ai-in-2022/?sh=1eaeeb451256

Attachments

• p0006206.m05864.ai_leveraging.jpg
    p0006206.m05864.ai_leveraging.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 35

Counter drone technology comes under the spotlight at first Security Drone Conference

Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), or drones, have proliferated over the past decade, with new aircraft and applications appearing all the time. As UAVs become easy to access, it raises the question of these aircraft getting into the wrong hands and being used for nefarious purposes.
Criminal elements are already using UAVs both in South Africa and elsewhere around the world, according to speakers at the inaugural Security Drone Conference held at Emperor’s Palace at the beginning of December.
Jacques Coetzee, head of drone solutions at GoUAV, said a drone was used in a recent farm attack in Bethlehem, Free State. Coetzee said more than one drone was used to distract security forces and intimidate farmers. Coetzee added that a farm was attacked in Bethlehem between 1-2 December, after drones were used to expose weak points and map out the security of the farm.
Continue reading: https://www.defenceweb.co.za/aerospace/unmanned-aerial-vehicles/counter-drone-technology-comes-under-the-spotlight-at-first-security-drone-conference/

Attachments

• p0006205.m05863.hensoldt_xpeller.jpg
    p0006205.m05863.hensoldt_xpeller.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 48

Google-funded ocean drones are now mining carbon data from Gulf Stream

A group of ocean drones, funded in part by a $1 million grant from Google.org, have been deployed from Rhode Island’s Newport to build the largest-ever set of wintertime weather and carbon data in the Gulf Stream.
For the next six months, three Saildrone uncrewed surface vehicles (USVs) will sail through North Atlantic’s swiftest current to collect critical, in situ data that will help scientists improve weather forecasts and carbon accounting.
The mission, which is being led by scientists at the European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF) and the University of Rhode Island (URI), won a funding grant of over $1 million from Google.org, the philanthropic arm of Google, earlier this year.
Stressing that his company has been working tirelessly to measure climate quality data from Earth’s most remote oceans since its first mission in the Arctic in 2015, Saildrone founder and CEO, Richard Jenkins, says:
We are delighted to be collaborating with Google on this amazing project that will dramatically improve our understanding of critical climate processes. We believe this data will enable more accurate predictions of our future, which will in turn help guide global climate policy and decision-making.
Continue reading: https://dronedj.com/2021/12/14/ocean-drones-carbon-data-gulf-stream/

Attachments

• p0006204.m05862.saildrones_gulf_stream.jpeg
    p0006204.m05862.saildrones_gulf_stream.jpeg
    216.8 KB · Views: 35

Tech’s been great for women; we need more in senior roles

Sangeeta Gupta, VP & chief strategy officer at Nasscom, says a decade ago, women were 23-24% of the employees in the Indian IT sector; now it’s 34% of the 4.5 million employee base. That’s a phenomenal jump. The current figure is much higher than in most countries’ tech industries, including the US. It’s much higher than in the rest of organized Indian industry. And it’s the result of Indian parents prioritizing science for their daughters, and conscious efforts by Nasscom and the Indian tech industry to increase the number of girls in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) education, and in fresher hiring.
However, there’s still a big problem. Many women drop out midcareer, for a variety of family reasons, and do not return. So the percentage of women in middle and senior management in tech is low. Last week, Times Techies had a discussion on why we need more women in those positions, and how that could be accomplished.  
There’s plenty of research to show that more women in top management has a positive impact on crucial business metrics, including profitability. “It is what will drive your company to the next stage of growth,” Gupta said.
Continue reading: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/techs-been-great-for-women-we-need-more-in-senior-roles/articleshow/88289224.cms

Attachments

• p0006202.m05860.the_times_of_india.jpg
    p0006202.m05860.the_times_of_india.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 45

Women in Tech: “Mentors are extremely important but difficult to find”

Today’s Woman in Tech: Arti Lalwani, Risk Management and Privacy Knowledge Leader at A-LIGN
Arti is the Risk Management and Privacy Knowledge Leader at A-LIGN. Arti brings over eight years of experience with IT Audit and Compliance. Arti joined A-LIGN in 2019 as the ISO Practice Leader, specializing in ISO 27001 audits and accreditation. Arti has added several ISO accreditations to the practice while servicing Fortune 500 companies across multiple industries.
Arti received the Women in Technology 2021 Excellence in Client Service Award. She has written and contributed to a myriad of blogs and publications on privacy and risk management.
When did you become interested in technology? What first got you interested in tech?
My first tech job was learning the ins and outs of asset management: hardware and servers. Oddly, I went on to learn about individual servers then racking and stacking and was thoroughly intrigued.
When I moved on into auditing, everything clicked thanks to my asset management experience. I still find it fascinating how differently each company operates. You really do have to tailor your auditing approach based on each organization.
Continue reading: https://jaxenter.com/women-in-tech-lalwani-176189.html

Attachments

• p0006201.m05859.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_lalwani_768x318.jpg
    p0006201.m05859.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_lalwani_768x318.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 46

Will Cryptocurrencies Convert Skeptics, Gain Momentum In Business Payments in 2022?

Cryptocurrencies’ borderless nature, fast transaction speeds and lower costs have seen them emerge as a viable solution for businesses looking to both pay and get paid, especially when dealing with international clients and suppliers.
The advantages of using crypto for business-to-business (B2B) payments are clear — but even as the concept is becoming more mainstream, many organizations remain hesitant to adopt what they consider to be a nascent and fairly risky technology. Christophe Lassuyt, co-founder at Request Network, told PYMNTS that’s largely due to one thing: fear that stems from a lack of education.
“[Businesses] must overcome their fear of this new world where financial freedom and responsibility change the economy,” Lassuyt said. “To do so, they need to learn about the industry, understand how to start, be careful what information they trust and set up safety procedures from the beginning.”
Learning something new takes time, but it could prove to be a worthwhile investment, as Lassuyt sees a lot of demand for crypto payments in the B2B world. While startups involved in the blockchain technology space have led the charge in cryptocurrency adoption, plenty of other organizations have come to realize the advantages of digital tokens for business payments.
Continue reading: https://www.pymnts.com/news/b2b-payments/2021/will-cryptocurrencies-convert-skeptics-gain-momentum-in-business-payments-in-2022/

Attachments

• p0006200.m05858.business_crypto_payments_1000x600.jpg
    p0006200.m05858.business_crypto_payments_1000x600.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 42

Platform leverages blockchain to solve digital divide in Africa

Nearly half of the world's population has no broadband internet access. The sad reality is most of this population is located in Africa. According to the United Nations (UN), Sustainable Development goals, providing universal access to the internet continues to increase in importance, allowing many to access life-enhancing online services in healthcare, education and other skills necessary to reduce poverty, ensure economic growth and foster inclusion on the global market. With so many brilliant minds in Africa, many believe that the right technology can help support their education and communication with the rest of the world.
Part of the reason this divide exists is the amount of growth many African regions have seen, which has made it difficult, if not impossible, to lay the cables for quality internet or connect these populations to the world as a whole. In addition to the ability to execute this, the World Bank has also estimated that the process could be lengthy, requiring more than ten years and $100 billion to ensure Africa gains access to broadband internet. The team behind 3Air believes they have a solution that can make this a reality in 50% less time and at a fraction of the cost.
3air, a blockchain platform with its own Cardano (ADA)-based token, aims to solve this digital divide in Africa by partnering with K3 Telecom, a Swiss broadband provider specializing in infrastructure, to solve this issue with novel technology that can transmit optics grade broadband internet, Digital TV and IP telephony over the air. This technology is said to have the ability to connect millions of people and onboard a 3air blockchain platform catered specifically to the needs of developing countries and telecoms.
Continue reading: https://cointelegraph.com/news/platform-leverages-blockchain-to-solve-digital-divide-in-africa

Attachments

• p0006199.m05857.digital_divide.jpg
    p0006199.m05857.digital_divide.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 46

Top 10 Sales Pitch Tips For Crypto And Blockchain Businesses

Over the past fifteen years (seven of which have been in blockchain and crypto), I've been fortunate to work for a global bank, a blockchain and crypto startup, and two global management consulting firms. I've been on both sides of the boardroom table when it comes to sales pitches. Based on lessons learned (the hard way), I wanted to share my top ten tips for blockchain and crypto startups and vendors when pitching to corporates:
1. Objective / Outcome
When reaching out to prospective clients via email or LinkedIn, be polite, brief, and clear about why you want to meet and how your product or service might benefit the potential customer. Multiple lengthy paragraphs will result in parts not being read or the whole message ignored. The adage 'If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter' comes to mind. 
Top Tip: Personalization
  • Address the person you are messaging by their name and make an effort to show you are sending a tailored note and not just a mass email.
2. Agenda
A simple but essential thing to do. When a potential client/customer agrees to meet, share a sample agenda to ensure you will cover what is important for them, not just you. Remember, this is about their business needs and how your product or service will help them.
Top Tip: Check In
  • Drop a note to the primary client point of contact the day before to ensure the meeting is going ahead; share the agenda again and the attendees on your side.
Continue reading: https://www.forbes.com/sites/lorykehoe/2021/12/15/top-10-tips-for-crypto-and-blockchain-startups-and-vendors-pitching-to-corporates-in-a-hybrid-world/?sh=4dbb435557f1

Attachments

• p0006198.m05856.blckchain_startup.jpg
    p0006198.m05856.blckchain_startup.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 38

Artificial intelligence becomes more automated for security applications

Financial service institutions have been increasingly embracing machine learning and artificial intelligence to boost their IT security. But, so too have the bad actors who are banging at the digital gates of these financial service institutions (FSIs). 
Ninety-seven percent of cybersecurity professionals find the prospect of “AI-powered attacks troubling” according to a 2021 study from MIT Technology Review, cited by Smita Nalluri, cybersecurity executive at Darktrace during a presentation Tuesday at the SC Finance eConference. While nearly all of these organizations are preparing for the AI onslaught (96%), Nalluri pointed out that this “perfect storm” of a cybersecurity arms race, combined with a growing attack surface and overstretched financial industry resources presents the ideal environment for cyber-criminals to gain hold. 
“As the complexity of businesses increases, so does the risk,” Nalluri said, adding that while FSIs have been using machine learning for a long time, so have cyberattackers. Even five years ago, Nalluri pointed out, there was an automated bot that tracked online users’ likes, dislikes and preferences to target spear-phishing attacks. And, with the recent pandemic, and the huge uptick in remote workers, there is the potential for several new attacks. (Case in point: Zoom added 300 million new users in recent months, as many more people are still using this videoconferencing platform to connect.)
Continue reading: https://www.scmagazine.com/analysis/network-security/artificial-intelligence-becomes-more-automated-for-security-applications

Attachments

• p0006197.m05855.gettyimages_1324245317_1024x614.jpg
    p0006197.m05855.gettyimages_1324245317_1024x614.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 35

5 things lawyers should know about artificial intelligence

Although artificial intelligence has been the subject of academic research since the 1950s and has been used commercially in some industries for decades, it is still in its infancy across much of the broader economy.
The rapid adoption of this technology, along with the unique privacy, security and liability issues associated with it, has created opportunities for lawyers to help their clients capture its economic value while ensuring its use is ethical and legal.
However, before advising clients on AI issues, lawyers should have some basic technical knowledge to answer questions about legal compliance.
1. AI is probabilistic, complex and dynamic
Machine learning algorithms are incredibly complex, learning billions of rules from datasets and applying those rules to arrive at an output recommendation. Even the most precise and well-designed AI systems are probabilistic in nature, guaranteeing that the system will, at some point, produce an incorrect result.
Continue reading: https://www.abajournal.com/columns/article/5-things-lawyers-should-know-about-artificial-intelligence

Attachments

• p0006196.m05854.brenda_and_pat.jpg
    p0006196.m05854.brenda_and_pat.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 36

Four Trends Driving Artificial Intelligence Innovation

Responsible AI, small and wide data, operationalization and efficient resource use will be key to scaling AI initiatives Four key trends have been identified on the Gartner, Inc. “Hype Cycle for Artificial Intelligence, 2021” as driving near-term artificial intelligence (AI) innovation. These trends include responsible AI; small and wide data approaches; operationalization of AI platforms; and efficient use of data, model and compute resources. “AI innovation is happening at a rapid pace, with an above-average number of technologies on the Hype Cycle reaching mainstream adoption within two to five years,” said Shubhangi Vashisth, senior principal research analyst at Gartner. “Innovations including edge AI, computer vision, decision intelligence and machine learning are all poised to have a transformational impact on the market in coming years.” The AI market remains in an evolutionary state, with a high percentage of AI innovations appearing on the upward-sloping innovation trigger. This indicates a market trend of end users seeking specific technology capabilities that are often beyond the capabilities of current AI tools. Here are the four trends that are driving AI innovation, according to Gartner:
Continue reading: https://labusinessjournal.com/news/2021/dec/14/four-trends-driving-artificial-intelligence-innova/

Attachments

• p0006195.m05853.la_business_journal.jpg
    p0006195.m05853.la_business_journal.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 34

Drones are beneficial to the construction industry but not without risk

With the pandemic forcing the business world to adapt and function on a more remote level, the usage of drones has continued its surge in popularity. In fact, business giants such as Amazon have been investing heavily in drone technology even prior to the pandemic. Drones have numerous applications, including real estate marketing, promotional events, agricultural, movie production, news coverage, wildlife monitoring, border surveillance and construction — to name a few.
In the construction realm, drones improve efficiency, reduce costs, lower the risk of injury and increase the quality of work. Drones, for example, can increase safety by visually accessing areas that would otherwise be physically dangerous, examine damage to a site after a storm, assess the quality of work completed by identifying cracks in the foundation, and help monitor the progress of a new real estate development, allowing the builder or owner to inspect progress from multiple perspectives and angles.
While the benefits of drone usage are immense, significant liability can ensue if the drone operator or construction company is not careful. One obvious source of liability risk is if the drone crashes into a building, house or group of people. In some cases, loss of control over a drone and a subsequent drone crash could cause death or severe injury.
Continue reading: https://azbigmedia.com/real-estate/drones-are-beneficial-to-the-construction-industry-but-not-without-risk/

Attachments

• p0006192.m05851.drones_in_construction.jpg
    p0006192.m05851.drones_in_construction.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 36

How The Internet Of Contracts Will Define A New Era Of Business

The Internet is everywhere. It enables connections, provides information, and helps take actions and make decisions. The Internet of Things set in motion a new way of interconnecting devices, not only people but also creating new opportunities, disrupting transportation, medicine, manufacturing, retail, entertainment, social and political scenarios, and ultimately transforming the world in many ways.
When it comes to business, global business runs because of a contract – buying, selling, hiring, leasing, renting, insuring, acquiring, merging – everything runs because (and according to) of the contracts behind them. When it doesn’t, it brings long term adverse impact on business, brand, commerce, quality, and customers. What brings relationships together and builds trust is the contract between parties that transact with each other – when the risk and reward for both parties make sense.
And they are deeply connected – a new car model launch plan triggers on average 15,000 contracts – with suppliers, partners, dealers, marketers, customers. The launch triggers hiring and contracting, not only with the manufacturer but also its partners; the ad campaign triggers more VMs in search engines in a specific geography, in turn resulting in additional data center contracts; sustainability contracts to replace older parts and models, triggers hiring in an ad agency in China, a paint shop in India, a leather procurer in the Philippines; the list is endless. These repercussions reach far, and in a connected world, reach globally. In fact, these relationships taken together can be the foundation of global commerce.
Continue reading: https://www.outlookindia.com/website/story/business-news-how-the-internet-of-contracts-will-define-a-new-era-of-business/405026

Attachments

• p0006191.m05850.internet_of_contracts_570_850.png
    p0006191.m05850.internet_of_contracts_570_850.png
    820.1 KB · Views: 37

Trends Shaping the Future of the Internet of Things (IoT)

The Internet of Things (IoT) market has been growing at an explosive rate in the past decade and will be valued at over $561.0 billion by 2022. IoT’s growth in the past few years can be attributed to several factors, including its convergence with mobile, cloud, Big Data, and other technologies to create even more opportunities.
Organizations that have already embraced IoT have seen it boost productivity and improve efficiency. But what lies ahead for IoT as we move into 2022? How can companies prepare to reap maximum value from their investment in IoT technology? To understand what trends lie ahead, let’s take a look at 10 key areas that represent major drivers in IoT’s growth.
The Top 10 IoT Trends in 2022
Internet-connected devices 
The number of internet-connected devices is projected to reach almost 55.7 billion by 2025. International Data Corporation (IDC) expects a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 23.2% from 2020 through 2025. Additionally, Cisco forecasts 30 billion connected devices by 2023. Why such rapid adoption? Businesses recognize they can increase efficiency while reducing costs—and consumers have embraced technology that makes their lives easier. 
On average, consumers are interacting with a device every few minutes—and sometimes multiple times per minute—to keep up with a fast-paced world where everything happens in real time. With so many interactions happening at such high speeds, traditional architectures can’t cope and edge computing systems have stepped in to fill in where needed. 
Continue reading: https://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/management/trends-future-iot/

Attachments

• p0006190.m05849.trends_shaping_the_future_of_iot.jpeg
    p0006190.m05849.trends_shaping_the_future_of_iot.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 40

Filter