• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Bandzoogle CEO Stacey Bedford had already perfected the art of running a business remotely when Zoom was still considered a sound effect for a passing car and not the household name for video meetings.
Since 2003, the Canadian tech company has been helping musicians grow their audiences and earn money from their music through its all-in-one website platform. 
You could say Bandzoogle is like The Beatles – ahead of its time. 
For starters, it moved away from the traditional workplace setting. Bedford still remembers the days when interview applicants couldn’t wrap their heads around the work-from-home concept.
“They were, like, ‘I can work from where I am comfortable, and you’re going to pay me every two weeks? Is this a real company?’” she said. “Bandzoogle sounds like it could be a circus, so convincing people that it was a legitimate business was pretty funny as we started to grow.”
Working remotely has not only been a good fit for the mother of three, it’s also removed the kind of barriers that a woman can face in the boardroom, she believes.
Continue reading: https://www.obj.ca/article/technology/working-remote-company-really-levelled-playing-field

Attachments

• p0004959.m04628.screen_shot_2021_09_23_at_10_14_21_am.png
    p0004959.m04628.screen_shot_2021_09_23_at_10_14_21_am.png
    479.6 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: Brianna White