• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Women are not just entering the technology industry in higher numbers; we’re rebuilding it through entrepreneurship. The tech workforce is 28.8% women today, which is up about three percent from 2018. While a growing number of female STEM grads may contribute to that increase, I’m convinced it’s because we’re concentrating on owning a piece of the tech realm and not just contributing to it.
Entrepreneurship in technology is one of the most effective ways women can make an impact. Our leadership in top executive positions is not just a diversity celebration; it’s also good for business. A recent report shows that women-owned companies outperform the market, with their value increasing 143.6% from 2020.
Despite the charted growth, tech women continue to face industry challenges. In fact, women working in corporate STEM fields face barriers that are often never experienced by men. The result is an environment with bias, exclusion, extreme hours, and alienation, which leads to women leaving the field at a 45% higher rate than their male counterparts.
As a Barbadian American woman born of Afro-Caribbean descent, I have a unique perspective on corporate America. I often find, both for myself and other women venturing into technology, that in order to develop professionally, we must separate from our authenticity. An environment where it’s looked down upon to show up as yourself and contribute in a meaningful way (without pandering to mostly male leaders) is not where powerful women belong.
Let me be clear; however, neither I nor many of my female colleagues feel less qualified to hold the same or higher position than the men who run the vast majority of tech companies. There is no lack of competence or confidence. There is a resistance to the disruption women are bringing to the industry, but the change comes with innovation and revenue – a powerhouse duo that isn’t gender-specific.
Continue reading: https://therealtimereport.com/2022/09/19/women-in-tech-working-to-build-a-better-tomorrow/

Attachments

• p0009008.m08590.women_in_digital_tech.jpg
    p0009008.m08590.women_in_digital_tech.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 68