• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Nancy Njeri Muriithi is a cybersecurity expert and consultant and has been working in the cybersecurity space for two years now.
Njeri is passionate about technology, application security and software development. She also mentors students in universities across the country.
Ms Njeri shares her career path with the Sunday Nation.
Tell us about your childhood and educational background.
I am the second born in a family of three. I have an elder brother and a younger one who is in high school. We grew up in Embu where I attended both my primary and secondary education.
I then joined Kenyatta University for my undergraduate studies. I also pursued industry certifications by Cisco, Google and Microsoft in security.
My parents and siblings have been very supportive and instrumental in my education and career journey.
Share with us your career journey
My interest in security developed gradually while I was still in campus. I did freelance software developer projects till I got to third year and was sponsored by Cisco to take CCNA Routing & Switching and Cisco cybersecurity Ops.
The same year, I started working at RCD Africa as head of outreach and trainer KU chapter; in this role I mainly led and trained sessions in my school for women empowerment in STEM. Six months later, I started working as a CTO for women in STEM network and led the technology department.
Continue reading: https://nairobiwire.com/2022/04/women-in-tech-meet-cybersecurity-consultant-and-mentor-nancy-njeri-muriithi.html

Attachments

• p0007514.m07162.njeri.jpg
    p0007514.m07162.njeri.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: Brianna White