• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Tech entrepreneur Corinne Vigreux — who co-founded global navigation company TomTom 30 years ago — is among the world’s top 50 women in tech (Forbes). She is also one of the most inspirational women in the European tech market (Inspiring Fifty). 
Interestingly, Corinne’s tech journey started because of a friend who was working at a computer gaming company, who inspired her to work at another similar firm. 
“In those days, computers meant anything to do with games. This was the late 80s, and I was 21 and discovering my bearings. And, the company sent me to the UK. With fluent French and German, and broken English, I landed in the UK,” Corinne recollects.
Since then, there has been no looking back.  Corinne champions women in the workforce and advocates for improved social mobility through education — the main objective of the “Sofronie Foundation” she set up in 2006.
Moreover, she founded Codam — a not-for-profit coding college within the Ecole 42 network — to prepare the next generation of tech talent by offering high-quality software engineering education. 
At present, Corinne is the vice chairwoman of the supervisory board of Just Eat Takeaway.com N.V.  and chairwoman of the supervisory board of TechLeap
TechLeap — a non-profit publicly funded organization — focuses on accelerating the tech ecosystem of The Netherlands. She is also a supervisory board member of the Dutch National Opera and Ballet. 
In 2012, for her contributions to society, Corinne was made France’s Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur. She was also knighted in the Royal Order of Orange-Nassau in 2016 in The Netherlands. 
Continue reading: https://yourstory.com/herstory/2022/01/women-in-tech-corinne-vigreux-europe-woman-unicorn-founder/amp

Attachments

• p0006702.m06351.corinne_finalimage_1643548503278.jpeg
    p0006702.m06351.corinne_finalimage_1643548503278.jpeg
    42.2 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: Brianna White