• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Women in Tech is a monthly spotlight feature, which documents and highlights the role of female trailblazers in the IT industry across the Middle East, and in our latest installment we spoke to the wonderful Loubna Imenchal from Logitech and formerly of Johnson Control and Honeywell to find out more about her journey.
It has been documented that gender disparity is still very prevalent in the IT industry and in my capacity as a journalist at GITEX Global, I witnessed first-hand the disproportionate breakdown that exists between genders when it comes to C-Level positions within the IT ecosystem.
In a compelling and very forthright interview, Imenchal charts the difficulties she has faced and admitted that during her ascent up the corporate ladder she was forced to fight, and it is evident that nothing has been handed to her.
“I’ve been lucky that I have worked for multinationals that started to proactively encourage the integration of women within the IT industry. However, when I began my career, especially at companies like Honeywell and Johnson Control, they were very male dominated organizations, and it was extremely rare to have a woman in a leadership position within the company, it just was something that did not happen. It was a very good journey for me though, because it was so uncommon and against the grain, it was great to be able to show and use my story as a use case and an example that women could indeed attain leadership positions within companies such as these. I think it’s fair to say that it is easier to attain leadership positions in the IT industry as opposed to an industrial environment, but many barriers still exist within IT”, said Imenchal.
Continue reading: https://www.tahawultech.com/features/women-in-tech-logitechs-loubna-imenchal-is-inspiring-the-next-generation-of-female-leaders-in-it/

Attachments

• p0005928.m05581.loubna_imenchal_head_of_video_collaboration_ameca_region_at_logitech_220x316.jpg
    p0005928.m05581.loubna_imenchal_head_of_video_collaboration_ameca_region_at_logitech_220x316.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: Brianna White