• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Today’s Woman in Tech: Elise Morse, Vibration Analyst at Augury
Elise Morse is a Vibration Analyst at Augury, the leading IoT and AI-driven Machine Health solution provider. Previously, she was a Project Engineer at Mechanical Solutions Inc. and Pump Improvement Engineer at an industry-leading pump company. She received a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from the United States Merchant Marine Academy.
When did you become interested in technology? What first got you interested in tech?
My father definitely triggered my interest in technology. He was an electrical engineer and regularly brought projects home with him – such as tool prototypes from when he worked for DeWalt or Black & Decker. I found it fascinating and I still do.
Let’s talk about your background. How did you end up in your career path? What obstacles did you have to overcome?
I used to be an Assistant Engineer in the Merchant Marines, where I learned a lot about maintenance and dealing with pumps and compressors. A challenge I faced was that there wasn’t a terribly large support system. For the most part, everyone was pretty respectful, but there are definitely no shoulders to cry on. You really had to be strong for yourself.
Continue reading: https://jaxenter.com/women-in-tech-morse-177129.html

Attachments

• p0007592.m07239.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_morse_768x318.jpg
    p0007592.m07239.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_morse_768x318.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: Brianna White