• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Today’s Woman in Tech: Kristi Flores, CMO at Tektronix (a Fortive Company)
As the Chief Marketing Officer at Tektronix, Kristi Flores is passionate about leading her global team of marketers. She excels at helping her team develop and hone their skills through the Fortive Business System (FBS), a powerful set of tools and methods developed by Tek’s parent company, Fortive, to help drive growth, innovation, and continuous improvement. In addition to heading up the global marketing team, Kristi leads the ALLIES Across Fortive, an employee and friends resource group that promotes allyship and elevates inclusion and diversity across Fortive companies. Kristi serves on the board of directors of the Technology Association of Oregon.
Kristi was born in Oregon and earned her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Government from Willamette University before starting her 18-year career in high tech. Prior to her 13-year career at Tektronix, Kristi spent five years at Planar systems working in sales and product marketing.
When did you become interested in technology? What first got you interested in tech?
I first became interested in technology when I was a senior in high school. My senior project was to create a video for our graduation party to showcase all of the graduating seniors – which back in 1998 that meant scanning hundreds of photos and then connecting them in a digital program and adding music. At the time, I didn’t have the equipment to do it so for months I would go to my mentor’s house and use his equipment – it required long hours and was tedious, but I loved it. It’s amazing to see how accessible this technology is now.
Continue reading: https://jaxenter.com/women-in-tech-flores-176273.html

Attachments

• p0006299.m05955.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_flores_768x318.jpg
    p0006299.m05955.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_flores_768x318.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 35