• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!
K

Kathleen Martin

research study by The National Center for Women & Information Technology showed that “gender diversity has specific benefits in technology settings,” which could explain why tech companies have started to invest in initiatives that aim to boost the number of female applicants, recruit them in a more effective way, retain them for longer, and give them the opportunity to advance. But is it enough?
Four years ago, we launched a diversity series aimed at bringing the most inspirational and powerful women in the tech scene to your attention. Today, we’d like you to meet Abigail Ramlogan, Marketing product evangelist at NetBrain.
Today’s Woman in Tech: Abigail Ramlogan, Marketing product evangelist at NetBrain
With over a decade of experience as a Network Engineer, Abigail Ramlogan is a fierce advocate for “working smarter, not harder” through network automation. She is the Product Evangelist at NetBrain, the leading solution for transforming network operations from human-centric to automation-centric. Abigail spearheaded the company’s hands-on Test Drive environment and manages thought leadership for its social media platforms.
When did you become interested in technology? What first got you interested in tech?
Technology is so important to everything we do in our everyday lives. Tech makes life much more efficient i.e. COVID and remote working. My interest in technology began long ago, but the point at which I knew I wanted to immerse myself in the industry was after I took a part-time job during my master’s program.
I had a part-time job working on campus doing websites and IT. I remember feeling really sad about my original master’s program’s field of study, and my work at my part-time job was more fulfilling. I enjoyed my job so much I knew at that point the tech industry was where I needed to be. I walked over to the information science and technology department and requested a program change. At the time, there was a 24-hour window and very slim chance of me getting in the program, but I was able to talk to the head leaders of the department and get any issues I would have faced resolved. Through my tenacity, they could see my passion for technology. It was and still is the best choice I’ve ever made.
How did you end up in your career path? What obstacles did you have to overcome?
I am originally from Trinidad & Tobago, and in our culture we emphasize the importance of math and science. If you are good in either it is expected to go into the medical field or engineering. Growing up, I was really good at math. As the daughter of an engineer, it was essentially destined I would become one.
In undergrad, I studied and received a bachelor’s degree in computer engineering. As mentioned previously, I later received a master’s degree in information science and technology. I worked as an engineer and consultant for over a decade at companies like Norwegian Cruise Line, Hotwire Communications, and USAA.
Continue reading: https://jaxenter.com/women-in-tech-ramlogan-175281.html

Attachments

• p0004574.m04247.ek_wit_900x450_60901_v1_ramlogan_768x384.jpg
    p0004574.m04247.ek_wit_900x450_60901_v1_ramlogan_768x384.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 77