• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Today’s Woman in Tech: Shanea Leven, co-founder and CEO of CodeSee
Shanea Leven is founder and CEO of CodeSee, a developer tool that helps developers and teams better onboard, review, and understand codebases. Prior to CodeSee, Shanea led teams that delivered high-quality products and features for leading companies including Google, Docker, eBay and Cloudflare.
Follow Shanea on Twitter @ShaneaLeven or CodeSee @CodeSeeio.
When did you become interested in technology?
When I was young, my mom bought us a computer. It ran Windows 95, and it just sat there. No kidding, I had very little interest in the machine. When my mom remarried and our families converged, the computer happened to be put in my room. And it was connected to the internet. I immediately saw the opportunity to connect with people from all over the world, who could be who they wanted in this digital world, and I was hooked. I thought that was the coolest thing.
How did you end up in your career path? What obstacles did you have to overcome?
I chose my path very deliberately. Once I was able to see that the world was actually really accessible in light of the internet, I realized I had a lot of choices. I started my career focusing on business-adjacent things, like accounting, administration, and staffing. I ended up becoming a product analyst, where my job was to make really elaborate Excel reports. That’s how I started programming. I wrote macros in Excel. I quickly realized I could make programs do what I wanted. It was empowering to tackle issues with programming. So, I went back to school to study computer science. Eventually, I started a web development and social media company — my first dip into entrepreneurship.
Continue reading: https://jaxenter.com/women-in-tech-leven-175779.html

Attachments

• p0005442.m05108.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_leven_768x318.jpg
    p0005442.m05108.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_leven_768x318.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: Brianna White