• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Today’s Woman in Tech: Sara Boddy, Senior Director F5 Labs
Sara Boddy is senior director at the technology company F5 Labs. At the F5 Cloud and Security Solutions company, she has worked for four years in the active IT security analysis department, the F5 Labs Threat Intelligence Team. Her entry into technology: computer games.
When did you become interested in technology?
I entered the security industry in the late 90s, three weeks after graduating from high school. Back then, security automatically equated to network security – and college programs didn’t exist in this area at all. In fact, very few colleges even offered computer science. I got a job as a receptionist at Conjungi Networks, which was owned by two boys in Seattle. They were some of the most advanced security thinkers at the time. We were one of the few companies in the area doing firewall implementations, vulnerability assessments, penetration testing, or incident response.
What did your career path look like?
My superiors at Conjungi saw potential in me and let me manage the backup tapes. After a few years, I performed basic configuration on SonicWALL firewalls, wrote work instructions, and edited vulnerability assessments for customers. Things really got interesting when the company was involved in a covert operation with the FBI on a major hacker extortion case involving one of our customers. I was perhaps 21 years old at the time, and it was an exciting job for me. I knew then that I wanted to work in this field for the rest of my life. Four companies and 20 years later I am still working with Ray Pompon, who was the lead investigator in this case at Conjungi.
Continue reading: https://jaxenter.com/women-in-tech-boddy-173008.html

Attachments

• p0005236.m04906.wit_aufmacher_900x450_39593_sara_boddy_768x384.jpg
    p0005236.m04906.wit_aufmacher_900x450_39593_sara_boddy_768x384.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: Brianna White