• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Today’s Woman in Tech: Lilac Mohr, Interim VP of Engineering, Flow, Pluralsight
Lilac Mohr leads the Flow engineering group at Pluralsight. She has a passion for helping individual contributors and teams use data to frame the human stories behind their engineering work. Lilac has 25 years of experience in the tech industry and holds a B.S. degree in Computer Information Systems and an M.S. degree in Statistics. She is also the author of two middle-grade math adventure novels that encourage girls to pursue STEM fields.
When did you become interested in technology? What first got you interested in tech?
I took my first programming class in 9th grade, and I was the only girl in the room. While my classmates jumped right into the DOS prompt and started hacking away, I struggled with finding the right keys on the keyboard since I’d never worked on a PC before. The boys sitting behind me were placing bets on how long it would be before I dropped out of the class. Despite a rough start, I fell in love with coding. By the end of the year, I had written a functioning Tetris game in GW Basic and had earned the respect of my peers.
How did you end up in your career path? What obstacles did you have to overcome?
Finding tech jobs was never challenging for me, but the male-dominated tech industry didn’t cultivate a healthy sense of belonging. I felt that as a woman I had to work harder to prove my worth. This often led to loneliness and burnout.
Continue reading: https://jaxenter.com/women-in-tech-mohr-176298.html

Attachments

• p0006403.m06056.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_mohr_768x318.jpg
    p0006403.m06056.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_mohr_768x318.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 40