• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Today’s Woman in Tech: Rafaela Ferro, frontend engineer, SingleStore
Rafaela lives in Coimbra, Portugal, where she works remotely as a frontend engineer for SingleStore. Previously, she was a digital designer at Deemaze, a software development agency. She co-founded The Zain Talks, a design meetup in Coimbra with a community of 400 designers and enthusiasts from other industries. She’s passionate about bringing to life creative projects that everyone can use, by being an advocate for accessibility, ethical design, and thoughtful user experiences.
When did you become interested in technology? What first got you interested in tech?
One day, a week or so before college applications finished, my uncle, a software engineer, challenged me to write a very simple software program after explaining the programming basics to me. I was hooked. On the last day of college applications, I changed my application to a degree that included programming.
Let’s talk about your background. How did you end up in your career path? What obstacles did you have to overcome?
I studied design and multimedia at the University of Coimbra, which included both art/design and programming classes. While I worked as a digital designer for some years after college and still design for side projects, I knew since then that I would eventually focus on frontend development because I enjoy the challenges involved.
Continue reading: https://jaxenter.com/women-in-tech-ferro-176841.html

Attachments

• p0007382.m07030.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_ferro_1_768x318.jpg
    p0007382.m07030.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_ferro_1_768x318.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: Brianna White