• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Today’s Woman in Tech: Ruth Vela, Director of Technology Experience at Nextiva
Ruth Vela is the Director of Technology Experience at Nextiva and the country manager of Nextiva Mexico. Ruth is responsible for the Technology Experience program, which ensures a consistently positive experience and highly engaged workforce for the company’s global team of technologists. Additionally, Ruth leads end-to-end operations for Nextiva Mexico, where much of the company’s R&D is conducted.
Ruth combines her unique skills in engineering, leadership, and entrepreneurship with her passion for using technology to simplify the way we experience work. She is an advocate for expanding education and careers in STEM to women across the world.
When did you become interested in technology? What first got you interested in tech?
A middle school class in electronics sparked my interest to learn about the magic of how technology works. That class helped me realize how removed I was from understanding the way technology influences our daily experiences.
How did you end up in your career path? What obstacles did you have to overcome?
Early in my career, I was a founding member of a telecommunications startup. My initial role was as a telecommunications engineer, and I grew to become heavily involved in customer success and growth, which was key to the startup’s success. There, I began to understand how much work goes into making a business successful, and that the people you hire are your most important asset.
Continue reading: https://jaxenter.com/women-in-tech-vela-176624.html

Attachments

• p0006934.m06588.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_vela_768x318.jpg
    p0006934.m06588.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_vela_768x318.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: Brianna White