• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Today’s Woman in Tech: Sally Sabet, Head of Consumer Goods Go to Market at Pitcher
Sally is the Global Lead of Consumer Goods Go to Market for Pitcher. She has a career spanning 16 years which includes previously working as a Principal Solution Strategist for Salesforce and at companies such as Service Now and Experian.
She is passionate about not only helping businesses grow and innovate but also championing women in technology. In 2020, Sally won the Women in Sales EMEA (WISA) Award, and was recently shortlisted for the Women In Tech Excellence Award and the Women in IT Award.
When did you become interested in technology? What first got you interested in tech?
I grew up in a family with two incredibly intelligent and successful brothers and a wonderful sister who has a range of hearing, speech, and learning disabilities. Those who are neurodiverse understand the kinds of challenges she faced, and the kinds of pressure she experienced trying to reach the bar set by society and family.
She was unable to finish high school, and struggled to keep internships and short-term jobs. She was becoming increasingly isolated the older we got. Then about 20 years ago, technology just completely transformed her life. She got a laptop and was able to engage with games and programs, and communicate with the external world in a way that had been impossible before, because of her hearing and speech disabilities.
Now, she’s a successful, confident saleswoman, who thrives because she’s authentic and because technology platforms have enabled her to communicate about the product and with customers. Watching her improvement was what led to my interest in technology. I wanted to invest the rest of my career and life in something that can genuinely transform people’s lives, like it did my sister.
At the end of the day, technology is used by companies and organizations to solve problems. I have always been very excited to be at the center of that process, where technology is making people’s lives better, and their working and personal lives easier.
Continue reading: https://jaxenter.com/women-in-tech-sabet-176548.html

Attachments

• p0006731.m06380.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_sabet_768x318.jpg
    p0006731.m06380.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_sabet_768x318.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 40