• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Today’s Woman in Tech: Andrea Nagel, Product Leader, Digital Transformation at VMware Tanzu Labs
Andrea Nagel is a Product Leader at VMware Tanzu Labs, where she focuses on Digital Transformation projects, particularly in App Development & Modernization. Andrea has over 10 years’ experience in product management for a range of companies, and is driven by a desire to build and retain diverse, successful teams within the product field.
When did you become interested in technology? What first got you interested in tech?
My interest in technology started when I was a kid playing with devices we had at home. I was excited by the creative side of computers and digital games, and enjoyed sketching out concepts and ideas for new games. I also spent a lot of time making movies with a simple Movie Maker CD Rom.
As I got older, I found I gravitated towards technology when opportunities came up. I remember jumping at the chance to build an online magazine at university – I taught myself basic HTML & CSS to win the job. So, the interest was always there, from an early age.
How did you end up in your career path? What obstacles did you have to overcome?
Initially, I started my career in marketing and made the move into product management later on. I always wanted to work and collaborate with the product team and was encouraged to do so through the support of an amazing head of product that I’d worked with.
For me, the biggest obstacles were knowledge, access, and confidence. I initially assumed I would have needed to study a technical discipline to work in technology and as a result, alternative pathways to a career in technology were not obvious to me.
Continue reading: https://jaxenter.com/women-in-tech-nagel-176723.html

Attachments

• p0007067.m06719.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_nagel_768x318.jpg
    p0007067.m06719.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_nagel_768x318.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: Brianna White