• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Today’s Woman in Tech: Alexandra Matthiesen, Vice President of Marketing, CodeSee
Alexandra Matthiesen is vice president of marketing at CodeSee. Matthiesen has 15 years of experience developing compelling brands and marketing the results. Her career has centered on technology and she has had the opportunity to do work for Intellectual Ventures, Microsoft, and Veritas Technologies, among others.
When did you become interested in technology? What first got you interested in tech?
I was not someone who entered my academic career believing I would focus professionally in tech. I came from a background where technology and science were simply not something women did. But in my first year of college, I found a group of friends who were personally and professionally invested in technology, and began exploring the potential in hardware and software. It sparked an insatiable curiosity in me.
From there, I knew I wanted to spend my career making technology accessible to people. The best way I can do that is helping take products to market in different ways—ways that move beyond traditional tech-focused audiences and instead inspire everyone to question how technology applies to their lives.
Let’s talk about your background. How did you end up in your career path?
I was one of the first women in my family to graduate from university. That alone felt like an incredible accomplishment at the time. Now, I look back and realize the biggest accomplishment was my ability to focus my path in technology marketing; to hone my capacity to work with language to convey the value of tech.
I was fortunate to land an internship with a company called Haute Secure. It was an incredibly cool security offering. The software was designed to detect malicious URLs and prevent users from navigating to them in real time, without requiring a logged roster of previously-identified malicious URLs. Writing technical marketing copy for Haute Secure and interacting with the engineering team taught me how invaluable that relationship could be.
Continue reading: https://jaxenter.com/women-in-tech-matthiesen-177237.html

Attachments

• p0007837.m07481.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_matthiesen_768x318.jpg
    p0007837.m07481.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_matthiesen_768x318.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: Brianna White