• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!
K

Kathleen Martin

research study by The National Center for Women & Information Technology showed that “gender diversity has specific benefits in technology settings,” which could explain why tech companies have started to invest in initiatives that aim to boost the number of female applicants, recruit them in a more effective way, retain them for longer, and give them the opportunity to advance. But is it enough?
Four years ago, we launched a diversity series aimed at bringing the most inspirational and powerful women in the tech scene to your attention. Today, we’d like you to meet Helen Fu Thomas, CEO at DMAI, Inc.
Today’s Woman in Tech: Helen Fu Thomas, CEO at DMAI, Inc.
Helen-Fu-Thomas_AILA-1-236x300.png
Helen Fu Thomas is the CEO of cognitive AI company DMAI, Inc. and successfully launched their first education platform, with AI-driven algorithms to deliver the right content at the right time.
Prior to DMAI, Inc., she started her high-tech career at LeapFrog (NYSE: LF). She was part of the team growing the global business exponentially and became the founding CEO of LeapFrog China after she successfully built educational businesses in Japan and South Korea.
She also helped Livescribe launch the world’s first smartpen. At the beginning, she was the only female and minority senior staff member. She also started two other companies from scratch, Bluefocus Communication Group of America and Touchjet USA, Inc., as founding CEO.
Helen earned her MBA in Marketing at the Haas Business School at UC Berkeley.
When did you become interested in technology? What first got you interested in tech?
Math was my favorite subject at school. I participated in math competitions. I also remember that my uncle used to give me math problems to solve and how thrilling it was when I got them done every time. However, my major was International Finance in college. I started my high-tech career in Silicon Valley after I got my MBA from Haas Business School at UC Berkeley.
Continue reading: https://jaxenter.com/women-in-tech-fu-thomas-176636.html

Attachments

• p0006856.m06508.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_thomas_768x318.jpg
    p0006856.m06508.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_thomas_768x318.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: Kathleen Martin