• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Today’s Woman in Tech: Agata Nowakowska, Area Vice President EMEA at Skillsoft
Agata Nowakowska is Area Vice President EMEA at Skillsoft, where she leads the field operations, to include enterprise and small & mid-market, as well as channel sales/strategic alliances across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
When did you become interested in technology? What first got you interested in tech?
I have to be honest and say it was actually an accident. At the end of the nineties, tech talent was as it is now, scarce. I was young, looking for a new opportunity and saw a job advert that attracted my attention. It was for a well-known hardware company in the Netherlands looking for an International Sales Manager. I was ambitious, eager to learn, and felt confident that I could do the job and learn as I go. And, while it appeared a little easier than it turned out to be, that’s how I got my start in the technology space.
Let’s talk about your background. How did you end up in your career path? What obstacles did you have to overcome?
I am a Polish female. However, I started my career in the Netherlands and then five years ago I moved to the UK. In my first technology role I felt a desperate need to prove my value to myself and others, working what felt like harder than anybody else at that time. It was over 20 years ago, and the tech sector was extremely male-dominated. I was the only female in a similar role in the company. However, while there were differences between myself and my male co-workers, such as in pay parity, at that stage I didn’t care so much. All I wanted was an opportunity to prove myself first.
Continue reading: https://jaxenter.com/women-in-tech-nowakowska-177046.html

Attachments

• p0007700.m07346.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_nowakowska_768x318.jpg
    p0007700.m07346.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_nowakowska_768x318.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: Brianna White