• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Today’s Woman in Tech: Jennifer Reif, Developer Relations Engineer at Neo4j
Jennifer Reif is a Developer Relations Engineer at Neo4j, speaker, and blogger with an MS in CMIS. An avid developer and problem-solver, she has worked with many businesses and projects to organize and make sense of widespread data assets and leverage them for maximum business value. She has expertise in a variety of commercial and open source tools, and she enjoys learning new technologies, sometimes on a daily basis! Her passion is finding ways to organize chaos and deliver software more effectively.
When did you become interested in technology? What first got you interested in tech?
Both parents are computer programmers, so my sisters and I grew up with technology. We played computer/video games, learned how to type properly, and took a website summer class for kids all before high school. I knew technology would be an integral part of life, no matter which career path I chose. My first real interest in tech as a career came in college, though.
Let’s talk about your background. How did you end up in your career path? What obstacles did you have to overcome?
Music was a huge part of my family and my life growing up. I ended up majoring in music performance with a business minor and took music theory courses alongside computer programming courses. The two subjects merged when I saw that both music and technology combine logic and creativity. Music brings logic through patterns of rhythmic and harmonic structures, as well as creativity through composition and emotional connection. Computer programming uses logic in program structure and language syntax, while giving creativity to design and human/machine interactions. I found that crossover point between the two careers and saw technology expand aspects of music and other passions that no other industry can. Technology gives you access to anything you could possibly dream or want to do.
Continue reading: https://jaxenter.com/women-in-tech-reif-176729.html

Attachments

• p0007198.m06851.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_reif_768x318.jpg
    p0007198.m06851.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_reif_768x318.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: Brianna White