• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Today’s Woman in Tech: Carolin Solskär, Community Manager at Detectify Crowdsource
Carolin Solskär is the Community Manager of web security company Detectify’s Crowdsource ethical hacking community. She has a background at Microsoft and as Head of Innovation at Nordic startup factory Nordic Tech House, and she is passionate about making the tech industry more equal. In 2017, Carolin initiated the Swedish #MeToo movement, and in 2019 she was named IT Woman of the Year in Sweden.
When did you become interested in technology? What first got you interested in tech?
When social media was in its infancy in the early 2000’s, there were some internet communities for teens where you built your own profile page using simple coding. I loved it, but I didn’t realise back then that I had an interest in HTML and CSS.
How did you end up in your career path? What obstacles did you have to overcome?
I’ve always been a curious person who is interested in a lot of different things, so it wasn’t obvious that I would work in tech. Between the age of 14 and 23 I was actually sailing around the world as a sea chef. Somewhere on the Atlantic I had a bit of a life crisis and realised I wanted to go back to school. A friend of mine suggested I look into a career in IT, because, as he said, “it’s the future.” After graduating university with a degree in Computer and Systems Science, I started working at Microsoft. Quite quickly, I realised that big corporations weren’t my thing though. I wanted to be part of building something from scratch, work with a variety of things and use my creativity to solve problems. I took on a more entrepreneurial role as Head of Innovation at a Nordic tech incubator called Nordic Tech House. That’s how I got into the startup scene.
Like many women, I never saw myself as someone working in tech. It took me a while to overcome my own illusions of what working with technology really means and realize that I could contribute just as much as anyone else.
Continue reading: https://jaxenter.com/women-in-tech-solskar-176451.html

Attachments

• p0006623.m06271.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_solskaer_768x318.jpg
    p0006623.m06271.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_solskaer_768x318.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 40