• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Today’s Woman in Tech: Dr. Anna Hilsmann, group leader “Computer Vision & Graphics” at the Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute (HHI) in Berlin
Dr. Anna Hilsmann is one of Germany’s leading researchers in the field of “Computer Vision and Computer Graphics”. In her research, she combines methods from the fields of machine learning, computer vision, computer graphics and visual computing to develop new solutions for a wide range of applications in multimedia, industry, augmented reality, security and medical technology. At Fraunhofer HHI Anna Hilsmann heads the department “Computer Vision and Graphics”. In 2016 she was awarded the ARD/ZDF “Women & Media Technology” prize. She was Google Anita Borg Scholar and received the VBKI Science Award for her dissertation in 2015.
When did you become interested in technology?
I always had a great interest in mathematics, at first less in really technical things. My father is a mathematician and already during my school years, we solved mathematical puzzles at dinner. Good math teachers certainly played a big role as well. When I was eight years old, one of my closest friends fell ill with a tumor and received a very advanced prosthetic leg. At that time I really wanted to become a prosthesis manufacturer and thought about how prostheses could be controlled by nerve signals.
Continue reading: https://jaxenter.com/women-in-tech-hilsmann-172959.html

Attachments

• p0005054.m04722.wit_aufmacher_900x450_39593_anna_hilsmann_900x450_1_768x384.jpg
    p0005054.m04722.wit_aufmacher_900x450_39593_anna_hilsmann_900x450_1_768x384.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: Brianna White