• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
As the tech industry evolves and women find greater representation, there are more opportunities than ever to help lift each other up. Having just experienced one of those pivotal moments when the startup I co-founded completed a Series C funding round, propelling us to the coveted status of unicorn, I want to pause to reflect on three qualities that have powered my professional trajectory, in the hope that sharing them will be a source of affirmation or inspiration for other women as they unlock their own success.
Be Fearless
Stripping the fear out of decision-making—whether that comes naturally or is a more intentional practice—can have a huge impact on your career. I find that fearlessness is like a muscle that grows stronger with use. Sometimes there will be a lot of learnings involved, sometimes there won’t, but ultimately, you’ll know that if you put your mind to something, you can get there.
Showing up in the workplace without fear didn’t happen for me overnight. It was a journey I started when I was 16 and moved to the U.S. from Iran. I’m the youngest of five siblings and my goal became to go to college in America, where my sister was living. When she had to return to Iran just four months after I arrived, I was given the choice to go home or remain in the U.S. I had worked very hard to get where I was and the fearless part of me rose up and I chose to stay. 
Continue reading: https://swaay.com/women-already-have-what-it-takes-to-succeed-in-tech

Attachments

• p0005813.m05468.passion_led_us.jpg
    p0005813.m05468.passion_led_us.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: Brianna White