• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
To many of us who are not part of it, tech inspires awe… perhaps even distance. Because while we are all beneficiaries of tech advancements, the field itself demands specialized knowledge… and thought. Look at the luminaries of the profession — Mark Zuckerberg, Elon Musk, Jezz Bezos — and you know that lateral thinking is synonymous with acceleration in the field of technology. But think tech, and the names that come to mind are mainly those of men. So why have there been such few women leaving a mark in the industry? Interestingly, a 2021 McKinsey survey pointed to the fact that while the pandemic has enabled growth and expansion, only a small number of women are entering the field.
Gender inclusion and diversity are buzzwords across sectors, including tech. And now a 27-year-old Microsoft engineer has been stepping up to raise awareness on these two aspects. Dina Ayman is an Egyptian-American tech professional who has set up Diversity and Inclusion Power (DIP) in New Jersey, a company that advises corporations and universities to have greater inclusion that is customized to their needs; DIP also consults universities to bring diversity and inclusion to the academic spaces in the formative years of students.
Over the years, the industry has faced criticism for not being inclusive. But how these traits obstruct a young woman’s dreams is something that can be gauged from Dina’s own journey. “My love for technology started in high school,” she says. “The idea that I can create something in the US that would be used across the world was something that fascinated me. I was blown away by how technology is pervading into everything and how it makes life easier.”
Continue reading: https://www.khaleejtimes.com/lifestyle/why-its-important-to-have-greater-diversity-and-inclusion-for-women-in-tech

Attachments

• p0005111.m04779.women_in_diversity.jpg
    p0005111.m04779.women_in_diversity.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: Brianna White