• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
In his autobiography, Miles Davis complained that classical musicians were like robots.
He spoke from experience – he’d studied classical music at Juilliard and recorded with classical musicians even after becoming a world-renowned jazz artist.
As a music professor at the University of Florida, which is transforming itself into an “AI university,” I often think about Davis’ words, and the ways in which musicians have become more machinelike over the past century. At the same time, I see how machines have been getting better at mimicking human improvisation, in all aspects of life.
I wonder what the limits of machine improvisation will be, and which human activities will survive the rise of intelligent machines.
The rise of machine improvisation
Machines have long excelled at activities involving consistent reproduction of a fixed object – think identical Toyotas being mass-produced in a factory.
More improvised activities are less rule-based, more fluid, chaotic or reactive, and are more process-oriented. AI has been making significant strides in this area.
Continue reading: https://www.nextgov.com/ideas/2021/10/why-improvisation-future-ai-dominated-world/185873/

Attachments

• p0005166.m04836.860x394_9.jpg
    p0005166.m04836.860x394_9.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: Brianna White