• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
What if someone figured out how to use blockchain technology to revolutionize the oil and gas industry? What would that look like, I wonder.
It all started with an old friend of mine, now a senior official in the oil and gas industry, approached me after reading one of my recent Forbes articles on the blockchain. He mentioned how he was intrigued by my opinion into this emerging field but also felt it had tremendous potential for his sector, which is at once both highly complex yet still critically important to human life as we know it — oil and gas.
Blockchain has moved past its status as a niche technology and is now being looked at as one that can transform many traditional industries by bringing digital automation, security and potentially large cost savings. Shareholders have been pushing oil and gas businesses to cut expenses while increasing earnings, putting them under pressure. Blockchain can help the oil and gas supply chain by automating numerous procedures and providing greater transparency.
Continue reading: 
https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesbusinesscouncil/2021/09/27/where-blockchain-technology-can-disrupt-the-oil-and-gas-industry/?sh=726691ff14ab

Attachments

• p0005032.m04700.blockchain_oil_and_gas.jpg
    p0005032.m04700.blockchain_oil_and_gas.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: Brianna White