• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Claire Blythe, VP, global tech and operations at GfK (the AI-powered intelligence platform revolutionizing real-time access to critical knowledge), won Role Model of the Year at Computing’s recent Women in Tech Excellence awards. We ask for her secrets to success in technology leadership, and how women can rapidly advance their careers in the field.
What does your role encompass?
As the VP of global tech and operations for the Marketing and Consumer Intelligence arm of GfK, I look after a team of about 60 engineers and six project managers in global operations. My role is to set the strategy around our tools, systems, and processes, and ensure all relevant internal stakeholders are engaged. Stakeholders include scripters who create our surveys, data processors producing analytics and data visualisations, and project managers in charge of delivery. I need to ensure that we all understand each other’s requirements and that we deliver compelling services that power future growth.
What is your background?
It’s not a typical background in technology, but the various roles I have had were all crucial in bringing me to where I am today. After my drama degree, I got a job at the research company NOP as a telephone interviewer. NOP was later bought by GfK. I took various management roles in Operations before eventually moving into the global team. I was then asked to take leadership of the global tech team. I’m proud of my background. Sometimes, people talk down their early career, but my telephone interviewing was crucial in understanding the core processes and people we support now. My current role depends upon critical business problem-solving skills and working with the various expert capabilities within the team.
Continue reading: https://www.cio.com/article/402492/what-it-takes-to-be-a-winner-in-tech.html

Attachments

• p0008451.m08068.winner_in_tech.jpg
    p0008451.m08068.winner_in_tech.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: Brianna White