• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Please could you introduce yourself and tell us what inspired your career into the life sciences?
I am Toby Blackburn and I am the head of Business Development and Strategy at Emerald Cloud Lab. I have always had a passion for science and how its ability to transform lives begins in the lab. I received my undergraduate degree in Chemical Engineering at North Carolina State University and joined Biogen in Drug Development, working to scale processes up to manufacturing scale.
A few years later, I went back to school and received my MBA from Duke, and transitioned into an analytical development role. I managed a large CRO budget and a team of analytical scientists, which gave me the opportunity and insight to use tools to streamline lab work more efficiently. What drives me to this day is learning how something that seems so simple on the surface, such as how a laboratory operates day-to-day, can have a major impact on scientific research and discovery.
When I had the pleasure to tour ECL’s facility, I felt that the facility ECL’s co-founders built aligned with this passion and was the pinnacle of everything I was working on in my previous roles. DJ Kleinbaum and Brian Frezza closely examined every aspect of laboratory operations and either developed or found the tools needed to reduce friction in life science research as much as possible.
Continue reading: https://www.news-medical.net/news/20220214/What-does-the-future-of-artificial-intelligence-look-like-within-the-life-sciences.aspx

Attachments

• p0006884.m06537.imagefornews_703595_16439823428418409.jpg
    p0006884.m06537.imagefornews_703595_16439823428418409.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: Brianna White