• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Dr. Anastasia Griva is exploring real-world phenomena in the AI and business analytics space, looking to answer questions that are important to society.
Dr. Anastasia Griva received her PhD in business analytics from the Athens University of Economics and Business three years ago. This was an industry-funded PhD and she worked closely with the retail sector, while establishing two AI and analytics start-ups.
But academia was her dream and so she joined the University of Galway as a post-doc researcher. She applied successfully for a Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellowship through Lero, the Science Foundation Ireland research center for software. After this, she obtained her first academic position as a lecturer, and she is now the program director for the MSc in business analytics at the University of Galway.
‘I think that my research is necessary because it impacts society’ – DR ANASTASIA GRIVA
Tell us about the research you’re currently working on.
Currently, I am working on several pieces of research in the areas of genealogy, AI, business analytics and innovation. Some of these are more theoretically based, so I would rather discuss the more practical area of my research.
One start-up I am involved with has a big retail client with more than 4,000 European retail outlets. The start-up provides a software development toolkit (SDK) for this client, which can be embedded in the client’s mobile app.
Using some tracking technologies and AI, it can identify the accurate location of a user in indoor environments. This SDK aims to identify a user’s precise location in in-store settings and provide shoppers with location-based recommendations and content.
Continue reading: https://www.siliconrepublic.com/innovation/anastasia-griva-ai-business-analytics

Attachments

• p0009321.m08883.griva_718x523.png
    p0009321.m08883.griva_718x523.png
    167.5 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: Brianna White