• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Aruna Pattam is a seasoned AI leader with over 22 years of experience. She is currently the head of AI and data science at HCL Technologies for Asia Pacific, Middle East and Japan.
Aruna has completed her master’s in data science and has extensive experience in delivering solutions using data analytics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning. Earlier, she has held many technical and executive leadership roles in Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Westpac, AMP financial services, and SAS Australia. In an interaction with Analytics India Magazine, she discussed her journey in analytics and AI.
AIMWhat made you pursue a STEM career?
Aruna Pattam: Just like many girls, after finishing high school, I took the non-technical stream and pursued business administration and then went on to do an MBA. I had an interest in computers, but I was afraid it was too complex, so I stayed away. When I migrated to Australia and got an opportunity to study, my interest in computers sparked again. I entered a postgraduate computer and information science program. I was so inexperienced that I didn’t know how to insert a floppy disk into the computer. 
Initially, it was a little hard coming from a non-technical stream but my sheer interest and passion in the subject kept me going, and that helped me to complete my postgraduation.
AIM: How did you get into AI and analytics?
Aruna Pattam: When I was doing my last year of postgraduation, my university organized the campus interview, and I was fortunate enough to be offered a role – one was in networks, and the other one was with SAS, a global analytics company. Without much idea about analytics, but impressed by the flexibility and how supportive they were during the interview process, I took up the role in SAS. And, as they say, the rest is history!
Continue reading: https://analyticsindiamag.com/we-need-to-increase-visibility-of-women-in-stem-fields-aruna-pattam-hcl-technologies/

Attachments

• p0007606.m07253.aruna_banner.jpg
    p0007606.m07253.aruna_banner.jpg
    781.7 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: Brianna White