• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!
K

Kathleen Martin

With March being women’s history month, it’s a great time to reflect on womens' strides, accomplishments and contributions in the global technological, economic, social and intellectual arenas.
This topic brings a lot to mind—what more can be done for women or what should have been done in history. But for the sake of this piece, I’m going to get granular with how to better contribute to creating a female-empowered technology workforce.
Start With Yourself
I am Lilit Davtyan—a daughter, a mother, a wife, an avid runner and an immigrant. But behind all of those things, I am a thirty-something-year-old CEO who works in synergy with five other dynamic C-level female executives and dozens of other brilliant women who are breaking the stereotypes of what the tech scene looks like.
I count my blessings as I write this while also understanding that change begins within oneself—at a deeper level.
Change requires thought and confidence in your power to make a difference—to believe in yourself. Because experience shows that when you believe in yourself, you begin to take action to grow to your full potential and eventually empower yourself toward getting greater positions, pay and recognition.
MORE FOR YOU
‘We Can Control Our Own Destiny’: John Zimmer Shares Lyft’s Vision For The Company’s Future And $1 Trillion Market Opportunity
Four New Microsoft Surface Computers Plus A Folding Phone—And Other Small Business Tech News
The LSE Alumni Turning Their University Into A Startup Powerhouse
Once you’ve reached that potential, all you have to do is pay it forward by mentoring and cultivating a growth-oriented environment amongst your woman work peers.
Build A Skills-Focused Workforce & Invest In Educational Opportunities
As a leader, you have the ambition to build a strong, inclusive and diverse company culture across your team to ensure higher productivity and talent retention. Somewhere between those aspirations, leaders often forget that they need to hire for skills and talent and not to fill a demographic within the company.
To stray away from hiring “just to hire,” companies should implement long-term, female-focused perks like paid parental leave, work flexibility, healthcare benefits and professional development opportunities.
This will attract more women talent to the company and shape its credibility in taking care of its employees. It will also help your company focus on hiring the best people to do the job—while you organically draw more females to join your tech workforce.
Encourage Participation In Professional Female-Driven Societies, Communities And Events
At Phonexa, the leadership team and I always championed the ideology that the stronger the team members, the stronger the company. To kick that ideology into action, the leadership team and I encouraged team members to join professional martech societies and marketing groups as well as attend events highlighting women’s contributions to the industry.
Continue reading: https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesbusinesscouncil/2022/03/30/three-ways-to-champion-a-female-empowered-tech-workforce/?sh=3e7c30b37b5c

Attachments

• p0007458.m07106.960x0_12.jpg
    p0007458.m07106.960x0_12.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: Kathleen Martin