Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
After studying to become a chartered accountant, roles with RBS, Aegon and Sainsbury’s Bank set me on a definite path in financial services and banking. Thinking back, Sainsbury’s Bank was the place where I felt my career and personal development really took off and this was all down to the opportunities that were presented to me during that time. I was delighted to be selected for the bank’s ‘Stepping into Leadership’ programme and I also owe a lot to the fantastic managers and mentors I had during that period. They gave me the confidence to bring my own style to the job, pushed me to try new roles and embrace any challenges that came my way.
Whilst my financial services experience underpins being the chief financial officer (CFO) of Stellar Omada, because we’re a startup there are so many other tasks that I have the opportunity to get involved in - from marketing and PR, legals, client-facing meetings and the development of our people. At a startup, it really is all hands to the pump and the fifteen months I’ve spent here has undoubtedly been the steepest learning curve of my career.
Continue reading: https://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/columnists/there-are-so-many-opportunities-for-women-in-tech-sector-zoe-lee-3353659

Attachments

• p0004398.m04071.b25ly21zojfim2jjzwi5ltbmntmtngzjmc1hn2viltdjmmi0njlkztuxndowzte5nwy4ni1jogq2lt...jpg
    p0004398.m04071.b25ly21zojfim2jjzwi5ltbmntmtngzjmc1hn2viltdjmmi0njlkztuxndowzte5nwy4ni1jogq2lt...jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 90