• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Despite making up nearly half of the total workforce, women account for only 25% of those working in technology. As a woman in tech myself, I have had to forge my own path to success in such a male-dominated industry.
Tech needs more women—gender diversity brings in new voices and fresh perspectives and has even been shown to boost companies’ financial performance. The industry is slowly changing and becoming more inclusive, and with it comes new opportunities and challenges for women in tech.
Over the years, I have learned a thing or two about how to succeed in this industry as a woman. If you want to break into the field, read on for the three pieces of advice I give to every woman entering tech.
THE IMPORTANCE OF CONFIDENCE
As women in tech, we need to cultivate confidence—to trust that we will succeed regardless of the facts and figures of this male-dominated industry. Our success begins when we believe in its possibility. There are opportunities waiting to be found, but we will never see them if we are too insecure to even knock on the door.
Continue reading: https://www.fastcompany.com/90733677/the-most-valuable-advice-i-give-every-woman-entering-tech

Attachments

• p0007354.m07002.the_most_valuable_advice_i_give_every_woman_entering_tech_2.jpg
    p0007354.m07002.the_most_valuable_advice_i_give_every_woman_entering_tech_2.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 36