• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
960x0 - 2023-04-27T115757.097.jpg

The exponential growth of useful artificial intelligence (AI) applications has taken the world by storm. With AI applications and improvements being released daily, it's tempting to keep pivoting startup ideas and career strategies—especially as entire industries seem to be on the verge of getting disrupted. There is a general sense of worry about what the future of work will look like when an AI demo can do in seconds what was considered solely a human creative endeavor.

Even recently, there was a general expectation that AI would disrupt the physical world first. Self-driving applications like long-haul trucking would be commonplace, with humans relegated to a mere observer role. Many assumed that humanity was still far away from the final frontier of AI disruption of creative and mental tasks such as music, painting, writing and programming.

While this creative disruption has occurred and the world seems quite taken aback by the surprising capabilities of the latest AI models, we should take some lessons from one segment of the population that is completely at ease—chess players.

As a former national master chess player myself, I've witnessed the rise of machines in my sport as a child. Early chess engines were laughably easy to beat. They were simply seen as toys. They were merely calculating machines and could easily be fooled by long-term strategy.

Continue reading: https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbes...ficial-intelligence-and-work/?sh=5c7654b72d5d