Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
These in-demand employees are looking for purpose in their work and to work in places that are a hive of activity inspired by a kaleidoscope of different backgrounds and viewpoints.
We spoke to business leaders from Aggreko, Scottish Women in Tech and MBN Solutions about the key factors people within senior hiring positions should consider when driving forward a recruitment strategy focused around diversity and inclusion.
Joined by The Data Lab, these directors and executives came together for a recent panel to discuss diversity and inclusion in the Scottish workforce.
On the panel, Samantha Bedford, chair of Scotland Women in Technology and a transformation leader in tech and digital, said:
“I’m not convinced, for example, that people really get the benefits of diversity and inclusion. While it’s good they know it’s important, I think a number of businesses still see it as a box ticking exercise. It’s often passive in that the response is often things like ‘I need training’ but I would say ‘no, you need to go out and seek this’. There are a number of great consultants who can help.”
CEO of MBN Solutions, Michael Young, said: “Many things have changed in the world since 2020 and, for data and technology talent, these changes mean that their skills are in higher demand than ever and they have greater flexibility, opportunity and negotiating positions than they’ve seen before.
Continue reading: https://www.scotsman.com/business/ten-ways-companies-can-build-a-diverse-and-inclusive-workforce-3357422

Attachments

• p0004420.m04092.b25ly21zojuzotlmzmjjlwuwnjgtndizzi1ingi4lwu5y2uxzdczoduyndpkmwqwntlhnc0yzde2lt...jpg
    p0004420.m04092.b25ly21zojuzotlmzmjjlwuwnjgtndizzi1ingi4lwu5y2uxzdczoduyndpkmwqwntlhnc0yzde2lt...jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 80