• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!
Y

Yvette Steele.1

It is critical for us, as individuals, to question our role in maintaining the status quo in the tech industry.  Advancing change starts with us which means asking yourself: •    How can I reimagine systems and institutions so that they no longer facilitate         oppression, injustice, or harm? •     How do these systems function through my life, identity, and emotions? •     How should I interrogate myself and the roles my varied identities play in the study and use of technology?  
These are the questions the Beeck Center at Georgetown University sought to answer in Technology + Belonging, a 6-week seminar series they hosted in March and April 2021. Folks came together to critically examine the oppressive structures that technology upholds and creatively ideate on how to dismantle them. Check out their key takeaways. https://beeckcenter.georgetown.edu/technology-and-belonging-key-learnings/

Attachments

• p0007109.m06763.awit_blog_image_georgetown_study.jpg
    p0007109.m06763.awit_blog_image_georgetown_study.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 49