• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
The tech industry is making a conscious effort to overcome its longstanding diversity problem. Google pledged to increase its leadership team's percentage of underrepresented communities by 30% by 2025, Salesforce spent $2.1 million in 2020 to correct pay disparities, and companies are increasingly disclosing workforce race and ethnicity data.
However, simply having ambitious goals and a willingness to share and improve won't drive tangible diversity and inclusion (D&I) progress.
Recent advancements in technology and artificial intelligence (AI) are helping employers overcome obstacles to building diverse candidate pipelines, setting relevant benchmarks, and tracking and retaining diverse employees. However, technology isn't the answer to all previous D&I challenges; organizations need to step back, rethink their approach to D&I and lay a new foundation to ensure their investments will return tangible results.
Today's Biggest Roadblock: No Performance Insight
Slow diversity progress is, in large part, due to limited access to actionable data and benchmarks. While annual diversity reports are gaining traction, they have become a check-the-box activity for many. These reports are also reactive and don't provide the context or level of insight that many organizations need to improve.
Facebook began releasing annual diversity reports over six years ago, and the percentage of the company's employees who are Black has gone from 3% to just 3.8% during that time.
Continue reading: https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2021/09/07/talent-diversity-in-tech-time-for-tangible-results/?sh=78504fe64b64

Attachments

• p0004628.m04300.talent_diversity.jpg
    p0004628.m04300.talent_diversity.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 77