• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
I recently listened to a great podcast by Google's cybersecurity experts on the topic of secure artificial intelligence (AI). The range of issues raised seemed, to me, very interesting and relevant. But because the podcast was limited in time, some of the extremely important topics were covered only too briefly. That's why I decided to take a closer look at some of the topics raised in the podcast—and this has become the article you're reading right now.
AI Risks
The topic of AI risks, especially when related to security, is currently gaining more popularity. For example, back in 2020, when my company collected information on the most critical security-related AI incidents of the past decade, we were only able to mention six. However, more recently, it was difficult for us to determine the most significant ones for the list of the 10 most notorious AI incidents in 2021.
I won't go into detail on each incident now, but I will mention the facial recognition bypass incident in which a man attempted to steal over $2.5 million in state funds, and the Zillow case, which resulted in a $6 billion drop in the company's valuation. As a result, Zillow had to lay off 25% of its workforce and sell 7,000 homes with a total asset value in excess of the $2.8 billion previously acquired. The reason for this is that routine machine learning models can lead to extremely serious consequences if mismanaged.
Continue reading: https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2022/04/11/supply-chain-attacks-on-ai/?sh=1776d1477edc

Attachments

• p0007576.m07223.supply_chain_ai.jpg
    p0007576.m07223.supply_chain_ai.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 31