• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Ever since I can remember, I have heard phrases such as: “Girls can’t do that.” “That’s a man’s job.” “Working mom? You’re neglecting your kids.”
Fast forward to today, and what about all those female steelworkers (Flash Dance aside)? How about the large contingency of female doctors? Did you miss the string of stories from your favorite news outlet about the big jump in female lawyers?
We are, or at least should be, far past identifying a person’s gender as part of their title, role or position in the corporate world, and for the most part, that’s the standard. We don’t put "female" in front of manager or "male" in front of associate. They are simply managers, directors, associates and vice presidents.
Except when it comes to CEO. Time and again, the woman who leads a company as its chief executive officer has the word “female” inserted before her title in media and generally in society.
I have led companies and organizations for well more than a decade. Through those years, I acknowledge that there have been times where its appropriate to identify women by their gender before identifying their role or title, especially as women in businesses move higher up the corporate ladder and succeed despite the challenges society imposes on them.
Continue reading: https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesbusinesscouncil/2022/09/06/shes-a-ceo-not-a-female-ceo/?sh=4034051c4366

Attachments

• p0008908.m08496.960x0_2022_09_06t123146_478.jpg
    p0008908.m08496.960x0_2022_09_06t123146_478.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: Brianna White