K

Kathleen Martin

From a young age, Genia Wilbourn knew she loved math and science.
As an inquisitive, self-proclaimed “daddy’s girl” Genia said in an article, “ I spent a lot of time with him growing up. He took me to football games, boxing matches and the race track (pretty sure I wasn’t supposed to be there). At home, I would just watch Dad fix things around the house and in the garage. I was always fascinated with the way he would find a problem, figure out a solution and then implement it. I loved the whole process – especially seeing the end result!”
Now the Senior VP of Global Network Operations & Assurance, Genia still credits her father for teaching her to never limit herself. It’s that curious spirit and belief that we can all benefit from diverse and creative thinking, that has inspired us to share Genia’s advice for other women in tech.
  1. Take the leap and learn new things. This will increase visibility and adaptability, open doors you would not have imagined and keep you relevant.
  2. Be prepared by doing your own research. You will have a better understanding of the business problems you are trying to solve. This will increase your confidence level. Always, always stick to the facts!
    [/LIST=1]
    Continue reading: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/run-own-race-not-others-133607472.html

Attachments

• p0004480.m04154.genia_yahoo_finance.png
    p0004480.m04154.genia_yahoo_finance.png
    165 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: Kathleen Martin