• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
According to Tech Nation’s Diversity and Inclusion in UK Tech research, 50 per cent of workers in the labor market as a whole are women
However, within tech they only account for 26 percent, meaning that women are well under-represented across the industry and typically find themselves outnumbered in workplaces by 3:1.
The further up the ladder you go, the picture becomes even more bleak. Of the companies Tech Nation gathered research from, fewer than one in 10 of C-Suite leaders were women, and only three per cent of chief technology officers or technical director roles were held by women.
Throughout my career, I have encountered several roadblocks and challenges that could have been hard to overcome. Initially, I blamed myself for not being ‘good enough’ and other external factors. However, after spending more time in the industry and seeing numerous reports that demonstrate the long-standing gulf between men and women in the sector and how unfair that really is, I have realized that there is a continuous challenge related directly to being a woman in this field and I am not the one to blame.
Continue reading: https://technative.io/overcoming-the-gender-disparity-in-tech/

Attachments

• p0007290.m06938.tech_native.jpg
    p0007290.m06938.tech_native.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 40