• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Lean In and McKinsey recently published a report that confirmed what we already knew. Some of those findings include that women are better leaders, stronger people managers, and care more about diversity, equity and inclusion. It feels both infuriating and validating to read on paper what many of us have been sharing out loud for years — the fact that women of color face a wider range of “othering” microaggressions that undermine them professionally.
After working in tech for over two decades, I often get asked how I was able to put up with all the inequalities and make it to the C-suite. My answer is as clear as water: If I don’t do it, who will do it? As a female, Latina and member of the LGBTQ+ community, I knew that my journey required a ton of grit and the understanding that it was my responsibility to honor the women who came before me and open the door to the ones coming behind me. It is time for us all to create an environment in which there are no longer questions or doubts on the ability of women to flourish in this industry, especially women of color.
The tech industry is not going to change overnight, and we need to be strategic and realistic at the same time. The workplace is not the way it should be, so how can we navigate this world while keeping our authenticity and rise to the top? Here is what worked for me:
Continue reading: 
https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2021/11/01/overcoming-the-challenges-women-of-color-face-in-tech/?sh=1c0a203e6431

Attachments

• p0005561.m05222.wit.jpg
    p0005561.m05222.wit.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 52