Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Historically, women have been underrepresented in technology-related disciplines, particularly cybersecurity. This begins early on, with fewer females being interested in technology at the grade-school level, which results in fewer women choosing cybersecurity as a profession in industry or academia (read more about the science, technology, engineering, and math gap in this report).
The women who do choose to work in this field typically experience greater obstacles in building a successful career compared to men, despite respected studies that have highlighted the benefits and importance of having a balanced and gender-diverse environment (see for example this research detailed in the Harvard Business Review).
As a scientist who has been in the minority throughout my education and career, I have had great opportunities to learn from very successful women in science, technology, and leadership.
Because of their tremendous impact on my career, I made women's empowerment one of my career goals. Luckily, cybersecurity is my expertise, so I can put more resources into supporting women in this field.
Continue reading: https://www.itu.int/en/myitu/News/2021/08/20/12/37/Women-in-cyber-mentorship-Samaneh-Tajalizadehkhoob-ICANN

Attachments

• p0004404.m04077.women_in_cyber_icann_desktop.jpg
    p0004404.m04077.women_in_cyber_icann_desktop.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: Kathleen Martin