• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Careers in technology are some of the most sought after in the United States — yet the tech industry has traditionally been a space where few women have worked.
According to a report by Girls Who Code and Accenture, only 16% of engineering roles and 27% of computing roles nationwide are held by women and that number is expected to shrink within the next ten years. 
As a woman in tech, I am eager to call attention to the need for more women in technology, how achieving gender parity is necessary to maintain a thriving tech sector, and highlight steps that can pave the way for more women in this space.  
Spark interest in the classroom 
Homeschooled and the oldest of 10 children, my parents encouraged my curiosity, even though I know there were moments they wished they didn’t. I recall trying to construct a water filtering system on my mom’s new solid wood table (and ruining it), cutting open an AC adapter and placing my palm on an iron to see if it really was “hot”.  Young girls who have an interest in computers are four times more likely to pursue tech as adults.  
Continue reading: https://www.tennessean.com/story/opinion/2022/03/30/theres-need-more-women-technology/7159133001/

Attachments

• p0007448.m07096.7609707b_dee3_49a4_9d75_2eff75da5dbc_chenise_upshur.jpg
    p0007448.m07096.7609707b_dee3_49a4_9d75_2eff75da5dbc_chenise_upshur.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: Brianna White