• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!
K

Kathleen Martin

People ask me all the time if being a woman in tech is hard because we’re underrepresented in the field. I suppose you could think of it that way — but why would you want to focus exclusively on what it is difficult?
Where does support start? It starts with you.
One of the most important things you can do in your career as a woman in tech is to support yourself, support others and find people to support you. You truly have to believe — deep down — in yourself and that you can reach your goals. Then you need to believe in others and that they can accomplish their goals and it won’t negatively affect you. Finally, you need to find your own cheerleaders to encourage and believe in you.
How can you accomplish all of this? I’ll show you some tactical ways to support, be supported and find support.
Continue reading: https://builtin.com/women-tech/find-your-squad

Attachments

• p0004909.m04579.612950d990252c707f70d5b63eaf50e35d7ae235_1.png
    p0004909.m04579.612950d990252c707f70d5b63eaf50e35d7ae235_1.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: Brianna White