• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
If you’re like me, the thought of drones conducting official business in the self-storage industry is too cool to be true. I’m a pilot who loves the “Terminator” movies, so this idea ticks all the boxes for me. It’s like having Skynet come alive!
The truth is, though, there are real applications for drone technology in self-storage that facility operators should consider. Here are two ways in which my company, 10 Federal Storage, is already using it:
Site quality control. I can get on any web browser from anywhere in the world, fly a drone over one of our facilities and see it in 4K resolution. If there’s a couch in the drive aisle or the grass is too high, I can see it. And you can bet someone is going to fix it!
Security. We’ve started using a watchperson to keep an eye on our storage facilities at night. This individual sits in our corporate office in Raleigh, North Carolina, watching the feeds from more than 500 cameras spread across 60 properties in 12 states! If someone suspicious enters one of our sites, this person can launch a drone for a closer look, which is certainly intimidating to a thief looking to score! We also have a way to create a virtual watchperson with the drone, which I’ll touch on below.
This is just the beginning. There’ll be many more uses as we continue to explore capabilities, but deploying drones in these two areas of our operation is already providing such a positive return on investment that we’ve ordered the technology for every one of our sites that has drive-up units. Let me take you through the nuts and bolts of our program.
Continue reading: https://www.insideselfstorage.com/technology/how-one-self-storage-operator-using-drone-technology-site-security-and-quality-control

Attachments

• p0008270.m07897.drone_blue_background.jpg
    p0008270.m07897.drone_blue_background.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: Brianna White