• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
This year, I missed Equal Pay Day. It’s hard for me to admit this, especially since it’s often my job to pay attention to issues of gender equity in the workplace. But, in 2022, Equal Pay Day — the day that marks how far into the new year the average woman must work to match what her male counterparts made the year before — fell earlier than usual, on March 15.
This should have been a good sign. Last year, women made 82 cents to the dollar, and this year they made 83 cents to the dollar. However, you won’t catch me celebrating. Especially once you dig deeper: Black Women’s Equal Pay Day, which landed in August in 2021, but will be pushed to September this year, and Latinx Women’s Equal Pay Day, which landed in September in 2021, now won’t happen until December.
This issue is weighing on me heavier than usual when reflecting on Women’s History Month, which gives those in power the opportunity to share empty platitudes about the importance of women’s contributions to society, and vague promises for a more equitable future, instead of meaningful change.
Promises don’t pay our bills. The numbers on the wage gap are proof that we still have a long way to go — and for Black and Latinx women, things are getting worse. 
Continue reading: https://blavity.com/equal-pay-women-of-color-tech-opportunity?category1=opinion

Attachments

• p0007607.m07254.gettyimages_1171809275_cropped.jpg
    p0007607.m07254.gettyimages_1171809275_cropped.jpg
    601.2 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: Brianna White