• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Cellular technology is driving innovation across diverse industries, and now enterprises are on the brink of new realities. In this blog post, we’ll discover new industry trends and find out how drones are being used to completely change the way we tackle challenges and make business operations more efficient. It’s about much more than the present, we’ll look at what the future could bring once drones are powered by 5G. Currently, drones are reliant on Wi-Fi, and are effective for certain needs in ports, mines, agriculture, airports, utilities, and inshore and offshore drilling. But once drones make the move to 5G, we’ll see them reach their potential for improved efficiencies, visibility, and safety. One thing’s for sure, there’s so much more to come.
Today I sat with Pooja Jetley, Enterprise Marketing Director at Ericsson, to talk about drones in industry and why we are seeing more and more of them being used by businesses across various sectors/industries. Below is a transcript of our conversation
Natasha: Hi Pooja. So good to have a chance to talk to you about industry trends. Can you tell me how industry needs, and pain points are being addressed by cellular these days?
Pooja: Businesses across multiple industries, from manufacturing to mines to ports, are embracing digital transformation but working at a frantic pace to keep up with emerging customer demands and survive in the face of their future realities. No matter what industry, this high-paced digital transformation will only be realized with high-quality cellular connectivity that enables a countless number of capabilities; getting the business operations up to par, if not ahead, when compared to the competition. Greater safety, scalability and high performance are just a few of the things that cellular connectivity brings. And these use cases delivered by cellular, are literally transforming operations toward efficiencies we would not have imagined only a few years ago.
Continue reading: https://www.ericsson.com/en/blog/2021/9/future-of-drones-in-industry-environments

Attachments

• p0004545.m04219.mine_drone_13598121fab79005958bda534dc2868d2f518b.jpg
    p0004545.m04219.mine_drone_13598121fab79005958bda534dc2868d2f518b.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 62