• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!
K

Kathleen Martin

Julie Snell, Chair of Scotland 5G Centre, believes that influential women in the digital sector can create transformational change.
Over the last 35 years working in the technology sector, I have often been one of only a small number of women in the room. So, I was particularly pleased to chair an all women panel at a TechEx event in Amsterdam recently.
All held senior management positions from the banking, health and aerospace technology sectors. Each is responsible for changing customer experiences through digital innovation.
This experience was heartening against the backdrop of the recent statistics from the Office of National Statistics. Although showing an upward trend, women are still under-represented in the sector, with only 24% of women working in technology across the UK and around 20% in Scotland.
In my role as Chair of the Scotland 5G Centre, I lead, manage, and support the governing board. Supporting the CEO’s delivery of the Centre’s business growth plan, ensuring a visionary strategy and creative initiatives to strengthen the Centre’s reputation as a key member of Scotland’s innovation system.
I am also part of a group of women in leading positions moving the needle in Scotland’s digital technologies sector. This includes my fellow board member Sarah Eynon, Associate Director Scottish Futures Trust and Claire Gillespie, Chair of S5GC Strategic Advisory Group and Digital Technologies Sector Skills Manager at Skills Development Scotland and Lara Moloney Head of S5GConnect.
At the TechEx conference the women on the panel all talked about the need for collaboration to share new innovations and skills across sectors to drive change for good.
In the banking sector, Samaneh Khaleghi spoke about the technology of application programming interface (API) allowing access to customer data in a safe and secure way.
Continue reading: https://www.digit.fyi/women-and-digital-tech-transformational-change/

Attachments

• p0006578.m06227.julie_snell_1.jpg
    p0006578.m06227.julie_snell_1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: Kathleen Martin